Be a part of the Subway® Group - the world’s largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The Global Sustainability & CSR Program Director will be responsible for operationalizing the Global Sustainability & CSR agenda with key internal and external stakeholders, covering the themes of health & wellness, responsible sourcing, environmental efficiency, community development and global citizenship. This individual will collaborate with regional and functional teams to set action plans for Subway to achieve its overall Sustainability & CSR goals everywhere across the globe. She/he will lead and support the business, marketing and functional teams within these themes to keep agendas moving toward their specific goals and improve interactions with all stakeholders (customers, NGOs, Franchisees, employees, etc.).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with regional and functional teams to set action plans and achieve global Sustainability & CSR goals.
- Lead and support teams to keep Sustainability agendas moving forward and improve interactions with all stakeholders (customers, NGOs, Franchisees, employees, etc.), including commitment and performance tracking.
- Establish, prioritize and align company leadership to CSR goals and performance reporting, as well as drive progress against stated commitments through implementation of a multi-year, aspirational Sustainability & CSR strategy.
- Plan and execute strategies to foster, leverage and build relationships with consultants, academics, professional health and trade organizations, NGO’s and suppliers to drive program implementations, advocacy and stakeholder engagement.
- Equip PR/Communications, Customer Care, Marketing, Procurement & Innovation and other teams with information and proof points to engage with customers, employees, key opinion leaders, government, media and stakeholders on * Sustainability programs related to the company ecosystem.
- Assess trends, emerging issues and serve as subject matter expert to establish and maximize leadership and other opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Environmental Science, Public Policy or Agricultural Development Required. MBA a plus!
- 5+ years prior relevant work experience.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Familiarity with Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility programs, strategies, communications and related stakeholder engagement in a business setting, preferred if from food and/or retail environments.
- Experience with the major reporting frameworks including GRI, DJSI, CDP, ESG, GAP, EFI and others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience working with executive leadership teams to present facts and provide recommendations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills and excellent written and oral communications.
Note: We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V