The Specialist, Ethical Sourcing role is responsible for supporting Hasbro’s Ethi cal Sourcing Program in addressing labor and human rights risks related to both the global manufacturing and licensing supply chai ns. He/she will report to the Director of Global Ethical Sourcing to help evaluate and assess supply chain risk, work together with the Ethical Sourcing global team to drive vendor and licensee continuous improvement, oversee remediation plans when necessary and produce reports on overall supply chai n risk and program performance.
- Help lead the licensee ethical sourcing program including the development of licensee risk assessments, on-boarding new licensees, approval of New Deal memos, audit report reviews to determine Hasbro factory production approval and development of training and capacity building programs partnering with Hasbro’s internal licensee managers
- Management and tracking of vendor data on audit scheduling, corrective action plan (CAP) and compliance progress to determine factory approval for Hasbro production.
- Monitor vendor compliance in relation to licensor and other retailer compliance requirements to pro-actively detect and and address issues.
- Develop and generate ethical sourcing program performance reports related to both vendors and licensees to help detect risk and monitor progress.
- Participate in EICC membership work groups, webinars and events.
Specialized Skills / Knowledge
- Proven experience and knowledge in the human rights field, and an understanding of the i nternational context in which the Hasbro operates; in-depth knowledge of labor rights principles including labor standards and labor rights obligations, excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build collaboration at all levels of the company; professional demeanor with the ability to work to tight deadlines and crisis management and an aptitude for learning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Policy or related discipline or experience in a relevant field (i.e., law, pol icy, human rights).
- At least 5 + years of relevant experience in ethical sourcing or sustainability; auditing experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate internally and externally.
Hasbro (NASDAQ : HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company’s Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com , and follow us on Twitter ( @Hasbro & @HasbroNews ) and Instagram ( @Hasbro ).
Please visit the Hasbro careers website.