Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Specialist, Corporation Relations. Reporting to the Associate Director, Corporate Relations, the Specialist will provide comprehensive administrative, research and strategic support to the entire Corporate Relations team. This position requires someone with a willingness to take initiative, adapt to shifting priorities, and excellent communications skills that can interface professionally with external constituencies including corporate allies, and proactively problem solve among internal staff and departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees unit activities including the team’s regular coordination meetings and weekly internal updates to keep Planned Parenthood stakeholders apprised and ensures activities are executed smoothly.
- Serves as a resource and a liaison for Corporate Relations within Development and other departments, including internal stakeholders across the organization including Communications, Policy, Strategic Partnerships, affiliates and many others.
- Support team members in documenting all contact activity in database and hard files and supporting efforts to conduct research to gather background information on individual + institutional corporate donors/allies as well as prospective supporters.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, reports, correspondence, gift acknowledgements, donor/prospect meeting briefings, event briefings, and large-scale mailings.
- Maintain accurate donor files – both paper and electronic including donor and revenue tracking spreadsheets and donor database management.
- Support development of external facing communications with allies on an ongoing basis and around breaking events. Maintains accurate lists, coordinates with development communications and other development departments, and maintains metrics reports.
- Supports Development Operations team on tracking of financial corporate revenue, reconciliation, quality control on gifts, and proper recording of gifts, pledges and intentions in compliance with laws, regulations, auditing and reporting standards.
- Responsible for the overall administrative support of the entire Corporate Relations team, including supporting the Director and two Associate Directors. This includes administrative support for calendars, meetings, travel and expense tracking/reconciliation.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of directly related work experience.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector or related experience of at least 3-5 years.
- Understanding of relational database concepts. Experience preferred with Salesforce, CRM.
- Strong skills with Google platform and Excel preferred.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a dynamic, fast-moving team under tight deadlines and complete multiple tasks with poise, accuracy and confidence.
- Ability to focus on in-depth tasks despite distractions to provide thoughtful synthesis and findings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-orientation; project management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Unquestioned integrity and a commitment to the highest ethical standards to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Experience working in/interest in an office where cultural competence is a priority.
- Understanding of current events including those that impact corporate allies as well as potential intersections with the work.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.