Kosmos is a well-capitalized, pure play deepwater oil and gas company with growing production, a pipeline of development opportunities and a balanced exploration portfoli* along the Atlantic Margins. Our assets include growing production offshore Ghana and Equatorial Guinea, a competitively positioned Tortue gas project in Mauritania and Senegal and a sustainable exploration program balanced between proven basins (Equatorial Guinea), emerging basins (Mauritania, Senegal and Suriname) and frontier basins (Côte d’Ivoire and Sã* Tomé and Príncipe).
As an ethical and transparent company, Kosmos is committed to doing things the right way. Our Business Principles articulate the company’s commitment to transparency, ethics, human rights, safety, and the environment. Kosmos Energy is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange, traded under the ticker symbol KOS. For additional information, visit our website www.kosmosenergy.com.
Act as the social performance lead in 1-3 countries, which will entail:
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of social investment projects.
- Monitoring relevant policy and trends across a range of social performance issue areas, including social investment, local content, human rights, community relations and social impact management.
- Helping to identify and train local External Affairs talent.
- Staying abreast of political developments and helping to translate local intelligence for HQ audiences as necessary.
- Assisting with the set-up of local social performance processes, such as grievance mechanisms, community consultations, stakeholder plans and registers, etc. stakeholder engagement plans and registers.
Supporting global social performance efforts, which will entail:
- Assisting with various internal processes, including budgeting, partner due diligence and contracting.
- Ensuring lessons learned and best practices are captured, disseminated, and operationalized.
- Supporting the deployment of global programs, such as the Kosmos Innovation Center—Kosmos’ flagship social investment program on youth entrepreneurship.
• 3-7 years of related experience. Private sector experience preferred • In-depth subject matter expertise in at least one of Kosmos’ operating countries is beneficial • Must have working knowledge of different cultures and how to work effectively together • Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral form • Computer Proficiencies: Proficient in Microsoft Office. • Proficiency in another language is preferred (French, Dutch, Spanish or Portuguese)
Professional and Personal Attributes:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills • Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task • Exceptional productivity skills. Can be relied on to get the job done accurately and on time. • Has little need for close management supervision and direction and is comfortable and effective in an informal operating environment. • Proven ability to collaborate with team and generate solutions • Must be an energetic self-starter with a passion for their work. An engaged, “hands on” team player. • Ability to handle and protect sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner • Must be able to work with diverse employees, partners and governments from all parts of the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Business or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Position requires approximately 50% travel internationally.
Must be able to move around the office up to 25% of the time for meetings, to make copies, scan, file, etc.; Remains stationary at least 75% of the time. This position operates computers and other office productivity machines (e.g., copier, printer, etc.) on a regular basis. Occasionally required to move documents or files weighing up to 25 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please. We will contact you if we believe that your skills and experience potentially match your requested position.