AVEVA infuses industrial software with intelligence to empower people to shape a sustainable future. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver operational agility and empower human expertise. Our solutions advance engineering and operations with Performance Intelligence. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, we inspire insights that transform opportunity into sustainable business value. We combine unparalleled intelligence with collaborative innovation to enable people and industries to thrive.
There are 6,000 of our people at 90 locations in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
AVEVA is recruiting for an experienced and exceptional Sustainability Manager to lead our impact reporting and support stakeholder engagement. In this new role, you will partner with teams from across the company to ensure we have the best data and human stories to communicate our sustainability impact to key stakeholders. You will also lead our efforts to crowdsource sustainability innovation from within our global employee community. Your key responsibilities will include managing our sustainability reporting and launching a new year-round employee engagement and education program.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have outstanding organizational skills, be equally excellent with people and data and have significant sustainability/ESG reporting subject matter expertise. You will also need to bring your passion and firsthand experience as a resourceful change maker that can translate big ideas into measurable impact, is able to influence a wide range of stakeholders and responds to setbacks with resilience.
As one of AVEVA’s first dedicated hires focused exclusively on sustainability, you will play a critical role in designing and building our Sustainability function and reporting from the ground up. Over time, you will position AVEVA to be at the forefront of sustainability storytelling and impact measurement, while also helping to build a thriving internal sustainability community as part of AVEVA’s stakeholder engagement plan. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Own the implementation of AVEVA’s sustainability reporting strategy, including shaping and coordinating our materiality assessment, managing the production of our online sustainability report, coordinating a cross-functional ESG working group, developing an annual cadence for disclosures, and making ongoing reporting recommendations based on emerging trends and/or regulations.
- Deliver a prioritized list of sustainability/ESG indices, benchmarks and rating agency profiles with recommended performance improvement strategies and targets based on independent analysis and internal engagement.
- Partner with Investor Relations, Marketing, Sales, Communications, Procurement, and other internal teams as needed to gather and verify sustainability data for external requests.
- Work closely with the Director of Sustainability on the design and launch of a sustainability employee engagement and education program that builds on the success of AVEVA’s inaugural Sustainability Jam/Hackathon and supports learning and development across the organization.
- Coordinate with the “Action for Good” program to recommend and support local sustainability initiatives and evaluate corporate partnership opportunities with environmental NGOs.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7 years of relevant sustainability experience with ESG reporting responsibilities
- Prior corporate experience with high tech/software companies preferred; experience with companies in industries supported by AVEVA (eg CPG, Food & Bev, Infrastructure, Energy) is a plus.
- Bachelors’ degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Matrix management experience with proven success of leading internal project teams and managing external consultants
- Depth of knowledge on corporate sustainability including reporting and stakeholder engagement best practices
- Proven track record of organizing, mobilizing, educating and creating community around sustainability; experience with capacity building, instructional design and adult learning technologies a strong plus.
- Confident with building and promoting new initiatives.
- Clear and engaging communication and presenting style.
- Evidence of ability to build rapport and robust relationships across cultures.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplar employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.