Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Sourcing means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we’re mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you’ll apply your Fabric, Trim and Packaging and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target’s owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you’ll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers’ activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you’ll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You’ll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you’ll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.
Senior Manager Policy, Advocacy & Stakeholder Engagement
As a Senior Manager Policy and Governance, you will be part of the team that manages the strategy and policies for Owned Brand Responsible Sourcing. You will be responsible for policy development and stewardship, stakeholder strategy and governance and advocating for industry wide advancements in support of Target’s responsible sourcing ambitions. As part of a global team you will build relationships both internally and externally to accelerate positive impact for people across the globe, enable sustainable business growth, be a catalyst for change and inspire others to do more.
- Design, plan and implement policies with broad scope
- Build meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, NGOs, consultants and international organizations to position Target as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good
- Provide proactive insights to the organization to drive updates to Target’s policies and goals.
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions and inform purchasing practices.
- Build coalitions and drive scalable initiatives in collaboration with others.
- Operationalize new and emerging business strategies and capabilities
- 5-10 years of experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge of global labor, health & safety regulations, and/or environmental regulations/issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Understanding of macro environment trends and curiosity of the global landscape
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Strong leadership, performance and change management skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to fostering an inclusive team
- Ability to work in a global environment
- RS and/or policy/advocacy experience
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with global teams/business partners
The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Please visit the Target careers website.