Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Procurement Compliance. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ. Travel will be required depending on business need (up to 30%).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world one person at a time, has inspired and united people for 125 years. We welcome research and science—bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our employees work with partners in healthcare to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager Procurement Compliance is responsible for leading Procurement in the implementation of the end-to-end compliance strategy and programs to fulfill the requirements of current and rapidly increasing regulation of human rights and fair business practices in our supply base. Additionally, s/he is response for ensuring supplier alignment with Our Credo in order to protect and enhance J&J’s equity and reputation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead outreach to J&J’s supply base to fulfill the requirements under various current and prospective worldwide law and regulations.
- Design and implement global strategies to Identify, assess, and mitigate risks throughout the supply base in the areas of human rights and fair business practices by working across Procurement and with cross-functional business partners.
- File specialized reports and publish public statements annually on the results of due diligence processes carried out across the J&J supply base.
- Lead the Human Rights in the Supply Base cross-functional Strategic Pillar Team. This team is responsible for the design and implementation of end-to-end due diligence processes across the J&J supply base (more than 70 thousand active suppliers) to ensure compliance with increasing regulations, such as UK Modern Slavery Act, CA Transparency in Supply Chains Act, U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and increasing customer requirements. This includes:
- embedding the J&J “Responsibility Standards for Suppliers” into Procurement processes,
- development and deployment of training,
- managing communications & related content,
- planning for and oversight of third party audit execution,
- metrics tracking and reporting for audits.
- Lead the J&J Conflict Minerals Compliance Core Team. This team is responsible for the end-to-end due diligence of J&J’s use of Conflict Minerals. This includes:
- Developing a robust timeline to ensure all key activities occur in the mandated timeframe.
- Managing internal/external communications throughout the annual campaign.
- Drafting of required SEC filing documents.
- Ensure all documents receive appropriate review and approval by Core Team and Senior Leadership to meet annual filing deadline.
- Participate in other cross-functional teams created to address Human Rights inquiries raised by customers and/or Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). * This includes actions required to demonstrate compliance based on the request.
- Write and publish J&J Procurement policies and statements on compliance. Globally determine in-scope products and suppliers under each regulation, lead transparency in supply chain efforts to link raw materials and countries of origin to finished products. Conduct outreach to affected suppliers; create escalation for non-compliance.
- Actively participate and present at global conferences, panels, and trade organizations for the benefit of J&J; Outreach and liaise with concerned external constituencies such as NGOs, the socially responsible investment community, and industry groups.
- Benchmark and implement appropriate continuous improvement activities to satisfy requirements and external stakeholder expectations. Monitor the progress and assess the impact of emerging legislation regarding transparency and due diligence in supply chains. Educate and train Procurement staff on updated compliance requirements.
- Lead J&J Procurement reporting and communications on J&J state of preparedness, ongoing due diligence findings, annual Citizenship & Sustainability reporting relative to global compliance requirements, and ensuring compliance language is embedded in supplier selection, contracts/supply agreements, and Purchase Order clauses.
- Participate and lead other Sustainable Program, Procurement Citizenship COE and Corporate Tier Procurement programs, including internal and external engagement.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Strong credo values including, putting the needs and well-being of the people we serve first, are required.
- Being recognized as a thought leader in procurement, compliance, and/or risk management fields is required.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of end-to-end due diligence processes is required.
- Ability to write and publish procedures and policies is required.
- Actively participating and presenting at global conferences, panels, and trade organization events; Outreach and liaise with concerned external constituencies such as NGOs, the socially responsible investment community, and industry groups is required.
- Being adaptable to meet rapidly changing/evolving priorities is required.
- Strong proven presentation skills are required.
- On-site travel to suppliers, external partners and industry events depending on business need will be up to 30% is required.
- A Master’s, MBA, or other advanced degree within Business, Engineering, or Science is preferred.
- Related industry experience in Compliance, Supply Chain, Procurement, Sustainability or CSR in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and/or Consumer is preferred.
- Any compliance or CSR-related certifications are preferred.