You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
The Senior Manager of Retail Sustainability will support our retail organization in becoming the most sustainable retail experience in the industry. You will work with our commercial teams, retail operations and partner with our sustainability commercial lead to support the delivery of our Science-Based Targets for retail, achievement of zero waste and sustainable design aspects in our stores. You will report to the Chief Sustainability Officer.
- Support the retail organization to deliver against our Retail Playbook – a guide to support the achievement of our sustainability goals in retail
- Work with retail operations, store design, and real estate to improve energy efficiency, source renewables and generally make sustainable choices in retail
- Institutionalize the tracking, analysis, and reporting on energy & renewables, waste and other sustainability metrics in retail
- Support our in-store clothing “take-back” program and expansion across all retail stores globally
- Keep our retail organization informed of variances in building energy and water use and trends in energy and resource projects; identify possible rebates or partnership opportunities
- Support the identification and prioritization of energy capital projects, operational changes and upgrades that result in reduced energy consumption
- Provide management reporting of all retail energy and sustainability activities, metrics around GHG reductions, energy intensity, waste and water
- Manage external organizational and supplier partnerships and industry collaborations as they relate to retail
- Work with strategic sourcing to coordinate the work of consultants to assist with sustainability and energy management activities and work projects
- Provide support for green building initiatives of owned and operated facilities including offices, distribution centers and owned and operated facilities
- Develop company position on LEED and other green building certifications
- Develop, maintain, and update sustainability and energy projects tracker, showing project description, rebates or incentives, if any, annual savings, simple payback, return on investment (ROI), and cumulative savings
- Bachelors Degree, Masters preferred
- Minimum 10 years of sustainability experience across multiple fashion brands or commensurate experience
- Specific expertise in either climate impacts and reduction initiatives, circular economy or business models, or waste reduction and product end of life
- Familiarity with CDP reporting and the GHG Protocol
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to influence across the business and facilitate large groups
- A strategic thinker, an analytical mind, and problem-solving skills
- Strong external network to draw on expertise and partnerships for collaborative outcomes
- Experience with green building BREEAM or LEED certification
- Experience in retail or apparel strongly preferred
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.