Acre is pleased to be working exclusively with a leading global fashion and apparel retailer with an exceptional commitment to Ethical Trade and Environmental Sustainability. We are seeking a Senior Manager to be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the ethical trade and environmental sustainability activity across its supply chains in South East Asia (Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Myanmar). Reporting to the Ethical Trade Controller (Monitoring and Solutions) in the UK Head Quarters, this key position focuses on managing and developing a diverse team of skilled professionals that monitor social conditions, provide effective remediation strategies and worker-welfare projects, and drive the implementation of national and regional projects aimed at environmental sustainability.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the on-going development of the Regional Ethical Trade and Environmental Sustainability strategy, with a strong focus on social compliance
- Managing and developing a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team
- Maintaining the highest degree of integrity, confidence and gravitas in all operations at all times
- Engaging in critical issues at all levels in order to protect the Brand as well as the rights of the workers in supply chains
- Developing supplier relationships for security of supply and future fit to business strategy
- Maintaining a network of relationships with service providers highlighting and leveraging opportunities for collaboration and engagement
- Providing timely reporting including audit reports, ratings, critical issues and action plans
- Maintaining strong relationships with Regional stakeholders, both internal and external
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience in Corporate Responsibility and Ethical Trade with a strategic, global outlook on the key issues across Ethical Trade and Environmental Sustainability agenda, including its links into the corporate world and factory environments.
We are seeking:
- Proven experience navigating complex supply chains; suppliers, factories and global departments
- Good understanding of cultural and social nuances and sensitivities needed to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the SEA Region
- Solid experience of factory auditing and remediation processes (e.g. SMETA, SA8000 advanced)
- Good understanding of the trends in the Global & Regional environmental arena
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A self-starter who is confident, results driven and used to operating in fast-paced environments
- Confidence with IT including managing workflows, databases, spreadsheets & audit schedules
- Passion, drive and energy, comfortable with extensive travel and long periods away from home
This is a great opportunity to join a pioneering fashion brand with the backing of a highly committed parent company, providing the platform to influence and maintain real change and to have invaluable industry exposure at an international level.