Carrier, a United Technologies company, is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
The Carrier business is seeking ESG Communications Senior Manager for the Carrier World Headquarters business. The ESG Communications Senior Manager will be responsible for the development of Carrier’s ESG communications and reporting, working cross functionally and engaging our global businesses.
The ideal candidate has an understanding of the current ESG reporting and rating landscape in addition to experience with GRI reporting and ESG ratings and ranking management and tracking. S/he is comfortable in a high-performing, fast-paced environment. S/he will also be adept at multitasking and maintain a strong commitment to quality.
This individual, reporting to the Senior Director of Social Impact, will be responsible for developing Carrier’s external ESG and Social Impact reporting, including the company’s first ESG report and supporting ESG communications targeting both employees and external audiences.
Specific responsibilities will also include:
- Managing the company’s materiality assessment, working across functionally and with key internal and external stakeholders
- Establishing and managing the standard work and process for ESG data collection and reporting
- Establishing and managing standard work and process for monitoring company performance across relevant ESG indexes and rankings, and regularly identifying opportunities for improvement as well as tracking industry trends
- Supporting the development and management of a cross-functional ESG working group
- Supporting the development of an ESG strategy with key performance indicators and goals for the company
- Collaborating with the Communications and Marketing teams on the development of strategic ESG and Social Impact communications plans tailored to key stakeholders (employees, investors, customers, etc.)
- Drafting annual CDP responses
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Communications, Marketing or other relevant field.
Experience / Qualifications
To be considered, candidates should possess the following professional characteristics AND be able to demonstrate them through the candidate assessment and selection process:
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in Sustainability, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Experience/training with ESG global reporting standards (GRI, SASB, etc)
- Experience/training in climate change risk scenario analysis
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complex issues and subject matters.
- Highly efficient project management abilities and the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong attention to detail, high-quality work, and the ability to make recommendations are essential.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a successful track record.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with senior executives.
- Experience developing communications for global and multinational audiences.
- Proficiency in all applicable software packages (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.