Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Working within Corporate Responsibility (CR) means you will be part of a team that helps shape Target’s environmental and social strategies to drive impact for our guests, team members, communities, and planet. Our work spans sustainability, social justice, philanthropy, community engagement, and more. Your mission will be to drive enterprise integration and execution of Target’s environmental and social strategies. In this role you will lead by driving strategic analyses, deepening stakeholder engagement, future proofing Target in light of potential risks and opportunities, and integrating an ESG mindset across the enterprise. Bring your passion and expertise to help Target leverage its size and scale for broader good.
As a Senior Manager, Corporate Responsibility you will report directly to the Sr Director of Corporate Responsibility and be responsible for:
- Develop and manage a stakeholder engagement strategy and process for the CR team and Target’s most material issues
- Create programs and tactics that enhance and protect Target’s reputation and elevate external profile
- Oversee monitoring to anticipate opportunities and issues, and process to address risks when needed
- Manage relationships with priority organizations, networks; identify collaboration opportunities with new organizations, companies, peer networks
- Regularly monitor external landscape and stakeholders for ESG trends, emerging issues, risks and opportunities. Generate insights for leadership and actionable strategies when needed
- Benchmark and assess competitor/peer/industry ESG performance and reporting
- Evaluate and track environmental and social policy implications and/or regulatory issues with internal partners
- Own materiality assessments and stakeholder surveys when needed
ESG Reporting & Disclosure:
- Shape ESG strategy to enhance reputation with stakeholders, differentiate performance in ESG ratings and rankings, and create long term business value
- Lead goal metric tracking/dashboarding, and assess progress through enterprise collaboration
- Evaluate and re-envision reporting and communications to best meet stakeholder needs
- Partner with enterprise teams to enhance ESG acumen and further refine strategy and measurement
- Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A (4 years) or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of business experience or equivalent professional experience
- Strong knowledge of social and environmental issues and stakeholder landscape (including combination of NGO, SRI, activist, influencer, regulator and/or philanthropic communities)
- Experience in ESG reporting and disclosure
- Communications and stakeholder engagement experience
- Strong leadership, facilitation, and influencing without authority skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships at multiple levels; consummate team player
- Exceptional organizational, process, and project management experience
- Ability to work independently and drive own work, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills; connects dots, translates ideas into action
- MBA or Master’s degree in communications, public policy or sustainability
- Management experience in business, consulting, government or NGO organizations
- Proven ability to collaborate and engage with external partners
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Please visit the Target careers website.