As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fueland develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Are you ready to bring your passion and expertise to Target to help cultivate a powerfully positive local and global presence? For the experienced corporate responsibility pro with a strong and time-tested background in non-profit leadership, a role in CR could be that just-right fit. Join our team where business savvy meets the greater good and you’ll soon see—this about so much more than volunteerism. You’ll rise to the challenge of maintaining Target’s good stewardship of the environment, its resources and its key partnerships with other organizations.
As part of CR, the Target Foundation focuses on where to best allocate funds to support various programs and initiatives. Or you might assist with sustainable global sourcing practices, and projects that foster environmental responsibility and ways to minimize our footprint at both the macro and store levels. Whatever your role with CR, you’ll help influence how Target leverages its distinctive brand and unparalleled resources to set the bar for responsible, sustainable and charitable business practices.
As a Sr. Manager, Corporate Responsibility, you are responsible for enhancing Target’s reputation across the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) landscape through external disclosures. This will include leading environmental and social reporting disclosures, along with driving strategic analyses and deepening stakeholder engagement with those disclosure groups. Bring your passion and expertise to help Target leverage its size and scale for broader good.
As a Sr. Manager, Corporate Responsibility, you will report directly to the Sr. Director of ESG, Corporate Responsibility.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Co-develop external stakeholder engagement strategy with internal partners and own relationships from an ESG perspective through thoughtful and strategic stakeholder engagement with raters and rankers
- Conduct gap analyses on key ESG disclosures and rankings to identify and prioritize areas of opportunity and future score estimates based on Enterprise roadmaps.
- Leads completion of relevant surveys and disclosures with prioritized ESG stakeholders and partners with firms to update and ensure accuracy of Target information.
- Lead materiality assessments and strategic stakeholder communications
- Support data governance and controls to ensure complete and accurate data, including data processes, validation and quality assessments.
- Discover, analyze, and interpret ESG trends, policies, regulatory actions, and key ESG-related topics; develop insights and reports for leadership
- Scope, define, and lead projects; manage project plans, create dashboards/tools, present to leaders, and escalate risks when needed
- B.A, B.S, or equivalent degree experience
- 7-9 years business experience or equivalent professional experience
- Expertise in environmental and social issues, and key stakeholders (investors, raters, rankers, NGOs, government/regulators)
- Experience with ESG reporting standards, requirements, and common frameworks, e.g. SASB, TCFD, GRI, etc.
- Experience in ESG disclosure and corporate reporting, including surveys, annual reports, ratings; ability to evaluate performance holistically and share with leadership
- Proven ability to research, analyze and interpret trends and develop reports for leadership
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and data analysis skills
- Proven ability to manage projects and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to communicate with all levels
- Ability to create compelling materials to align teams and drive to decisions (PowerPoint)
- Advanced degree in business or related field
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Please visit the Target careers website.