PVH Corp. is a global, action-oriented company characterized by achievement and commitment. We want people who are hungry for both professional and personal growth; who will help us take our brands, our businesses and our community service to new heights; and who, with our support, will strive to reach their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in driving global water and chemicals management programs, and supporting related environmental sustainability initiatives across supply chains and product development.
The Senior Manager’s primary responsibilities focus on water stewardship and preservation, including wastewater and chemicals management programs. In this role, the Senior Manager will work with the Senior Director, Environmental Sustainability, PVH Corp. on strategy, as well as be responsible for the development and global implementation of such programs.
- Reviewing, analyzing and providing strategic recommendations about program elements related to improving supplier performance around water preservation and chemicals management based on insights from industry tools – with a view to develop, drive and implement scalable and efficient remediation initiatives.
- Collaborating with members of the CR team to ensure water and chemicals management programs align strategically and practically within broader environmental and CR programs.
- Helping to identify supplier remediation and capacity building solutions around water, wastewater and chemicals challenges in the context of broader environmental challenges.
- Supporting CR efforts to drive scalable supplier remediation activities through the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s Impact Institute.
- Researching, tracking, and assessing chemical, environmental and product related regulations and manage escalations of critical changes.
- Working closely with outside chemical consultant and other sources to research sustainable chemical alternatives and water-saving production process innovations, such as zero liquid discharge and waterless dying.
- Assuring recommendations are technically sound.
- Working with internal and external business partners to research and adopt alternative chemistries (i.e. Perfluorinated chemistries (PFCs), Phthalates, PVC) to address hazardous chemicals phase out.
- Identifying opportunities and establish global standards for water saving production processes, such as waterless dying.
- Communicating regularly on water and chemicals management matters with key business partners, help build the business case for various programs, and train business partners on responsible design initiatives, particularly around chemicals management.
- Supporting the global water stewardship programs and help facilitate partnerships with organizations like WWF (the World Wildlife Fund) and GIZ’s International Water Stewardship Program (IWaSP).
- Representing PVH, participate in industry trade organizations focused on chemicals management and water, notably the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) and AFIRM, as well as a select initiatives with the UN CEO Water Mandate. Identifying and driving opportunities to leverage industry working groups’ tools, resources and insights.
Chemicals Management- specific:
- Maintaining and updating the Restricted Substance List (RSL), the global Manufacturing Restricted Substances List and related aspects of chemicals testing tools for all of PVH.
- Overseeing PVH’s global RSL and MRSL deployment and ongoing maintenance, working in close collaboration with PVH Quality Assurance (QA), Sourcing, Technical Design and Raw Materials teams, as well as external laboratory consultants.
- Working with key internal stakeholders, such as PVH Legal, to maintain and update PVH’s RSL and other industry tools used to manage chemicals and wastewater.
- Working with QA to maintain a database of test results for analysis of vendor and product risk. Includes developing analytical model for RSL results to create effective and efficient monitoring programs. Manage relationship with outside database provider.
- Collaborating with business divisions and suppliers on corrective actions related to RSL and MRSL testing failures.
- Developing and administering standard operating procedure around chemical failures, including when and how to recall a product. 8 Managing and collecting RSL test reports from peer brands or equivalencies such as OekoTex 100, OekoTex STep, and BlueSign, in partnership with chemical management leads in QA.
- Aligning insights regarding Oeko Tex and BlueSign with other supplier environmental remediation efforts.
- Required: B.S. / B. A. or M.S. in business administration, environmental science, or similar analytical discipline.
- Experience managing programs compliance, environmental or corporate responsibility-related programs in the supply chain.
- Experience managing and providing internal and external training.
- Knowledge of the apparel industry and/or Supply Chain preferred.
- Previous engagement with the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals, AFIRM, or comparable industry working groups is preferred.
- Passionate about environmental sustainability topics.
- Proficient in using MS Excel to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics. Must be able to combine large volumes of data for consolidated reporting. Advanced capabilities with MS Excel preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management, time management and follow-through.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple divisions within a large, multi-national organization.
- 8 to 10 years of experience.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of global and regional chemical legislation such as REACH, CPSIA 2008, GB and CA Prop 65.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.