NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. is transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. Everything we do puts workers at the center. We are respecting the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers.
Many of the challenges we seek to address are complex and beyond the scope of one brand or company. We need to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to think creatively, and pool our skills in order to address risks and improve outcomes for our manufacturing factories, workers, and their communities.
At NIKE, our purpose is to unite the world through sport to build a healthy planet, active communities and an equal playing field for all. We do that by building creative and diverse global teams, making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work, and by making products responsibly and more sustainably. We believe that if there is no planet, there is no sport. This understanding drives our North Star for sustainability—a future where all athletes* have access to safe places to play and train, enjoy sport and realize their full potential.
Our sustainability mission is rooted in science and supported by the technical expertise and data-driven insights of the Global Sustainability Data & Analytics team. As the Senior Director leading the team, you will be at the heart of the Global Sustainability agenda of Nike, but also part of the strategic push for elevated broad Data & Analytics capabilities. This leader is a recognized internal technical expert sitting on the Sustainability Leadership Team, supporting the Chief Sustainability Officer in defining the sustainability strategy, setting targets, and tracking Nike’s performance. They bring an outstanding mix of corporate sustainability subject matter expertise, data integrity / reporting process governance, and environmental footprinting experience. They lead a high functioning team of deep specialists in multiple subject areas, you are a mentor and a champion for their development.
The role of the Global Sustainability Data & Analytics team is three-fold:
Performance management: The single source of truth on Inc-wide sustainability performance against Nike’s 2025 targets. The team drives a robust quarterly reporting process that delivers timely, reliable and accurate data, acquires assurance on a sub-set of the critical metrics and provides the content for internal and external sustainability reporting.
- Expert understanding of corporate sustainability reporting standards: GRI, SASB. etc.
- Knowledge of environmental footprint standards: GHG Protocol, Gold Standard, etc.
- Sustainability assurance standard and process
- Robust experience with and knowledge of data integrity and reporting process governance principles
- Sustainability reporting software such as Enablon
Data products & reporting: The core capacity to perform data analysis and produce reporting. The team develops industry-leading analytics and tools to integrate sustainability into product innovation and creation, and support external visibility.
- Experience with enterprise data reporting systems and processes
- Ability to think critically; strong problem-solving skills and analytical mentality
- Motivated to seek information needed to fill data gaps by forging relationships, doing research
- Ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, and develop solution options
- Hands-on experience working with real-world advanced analytics challenges and balancing multiple projects and partners in a fast paced, dynamic and matrixed team and business environment
Business analytics & insights: The voice of science to optimize Nike’s sustainability strategy and execution. The team supports corporate & functional strategies that are science-based and deliver progress against our targets.
- Experience with material, product and enterprise environmental footprinting
- Broad knowledge of the sustainability collective action and partnership initiatives such as Science Based Target initiative, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, UNFCCC Fashion Industry Charter for Climate Action, etc.
- Experience performing life cycle assessment (LCA), understanding of LCA standards (ISO) and ability to interpret LCA studies
- Working understanding of the apparel industry supply chain and dynamics
- Masters in a quantitative degree (Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Economics etc.) or MBA highly preferred.
- Excellent communications skills and proven track record of leading high profile projects in global environment to deliver results
- At least 15 years professional experience with a minimum of 8 years in corporate sustainability.
- Deep understanding of sustainability issues, positions, and trends. Experience with corporate sustainability standards, from environmental footprinting to reporting
- Experience leading large teams, encouraging new leaders and helping analytics professionals grow and advance in their careers
- Enjoys working across cultures and geographies; ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please visit the NIKE careers website.