Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As the Senior Designer, Business Integration + Strategy, Responsible Design & Strategy you’ll be accountable for championing environmental sustainability within Owned Brand products. You will be responsible for the advancement of the Responsible Design Strategy for OBPDM, fueled by the values of Target Owned Brands. Under the direction of the Director of Responsible Design & Strategy, you will collaborate with teams across the Target Enterprise and external partners (Agencies, NGOs, Industry Trade Groups, Business Partners) to drive Responsible Design strategies, practices and goals that inspire and guide brand, product design, packaging and innovation teams. You will be accountable for and lead Responsible Design and Development processes, which include:
- Responsible Design Strategy: Using your creative thought leadership and design influence, you will reframe problems, explore new possibilities and create experiences which drive meaningful responsible design strategies specific to brands, product design, and packaging. You will partner with leaders to inspire and influence implementation of Responsible Design principles, standards, and tenets to further strategic goals and initiatives at both the enterprise and OBPDM scale and scope.
- Internal and External Partnerships: Leveraging your design leadership and strategic thought, you will build collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including Agencies, NGOs, Industry Trade Groups and Business Partners to elevate responsible product design and development. You will represent Target at relevant external moments to track environmental and cultural trends across partners, enabling a comprehensive mindset and approach. You will support Target’s relevance in the space, including conferences, collaborations, and sponsorships.
- Research and Development: Employing your high degree of curiosity, you will stay abreast of insights and trends in Responsible Product Design through market research and expert sources to identify specific guest needs and translate knowledge into owned brand products and experiences. You will synthesize and integrate information to inspire and influence Owned Brand teams to continually deliver meaningful responsible product and packaging offerings to all guests.
- 4-year college degree in Design, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Elevated knowledge or experience in Circular Design & Sustainability
- Elevated knowledge or experience in Product Research and Design
- Exceptional at developing partnerships
- Outstanding oral, written and visual communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience in building effective strategies and applying innovation approaches within a product development environment
- Comfortable taking risks, driving change and supporting creativity & A growth oriented, learning mindset and the ability to inspire others to seek and embrace change
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Please visit the Target careers website.