At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s International Labor Standards Program (“ILS Program”) seeks to foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever Disney-branded products are produced. The ILS Program is an important component of The Walt Disney Company’s Citizenship and responsible Supply Chain efforts. The Analyst, Systems & Reporting supports the Director, Systems & Reporting and the ILS Department globally as a key contact for department-wide data analysis, reporting and data extraction. This role is responsible for managing the existing reporting structure while developing new reports based on department and user needs. This position requires strong technical knowledge of MS SQL, Oracle data models and knowledge of Business Intelligence reporting tools such as PowerBI, and Tableau. The role also requires strong analytical and organizational abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to interface with all levels of personnel and to work independently.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Uses independent judgment within defined policies and practices. Interprets guidelines, select methods, techniques and analytical approach
- May handle escalated issued for lower level staff
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Capable of working in fast-paced and changing environment
- Customer service oriented and responsive to customer inquiries
- Ability to analyze data and generate reports from Systems via SQL queries is preferred
- Understands Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning concepts
- Experience in visualizing and manipulating big datasets
- Python and basic libraries for machine learning
- Strong knowledge of Excel (including macros)
Decision Making, Work Complexity & Problem Solving
- Completes basic to moderately complex tasks that require an ability to recognize the need to occasionally deviate from accepted practices
- May lead functional team in resolution of day-to-day technical/procedural challenges.
- Makes routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
- Work directly with the impacted business teams in order to capture application demand, provide guidance on the strategic initiatives
Communications & Relationships
- Information sharing—gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instruction and reporting results.
- Interacts mainly about routine matters with others in the team and with client
- Minimum of 8 years work experience with systems and BI Reporting tools
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated expertise and technical proficiency and business processes
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in managing projects of smaller scale, and implementing change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization with demonstrated expertise in reporting and analyzing metrics to support continuous improvement in service levels
- Experience in achievement of specified tasks and solving problems of moderate complexity with minimal guidance within service level agreement (SLA) parameters, while providing a positive experience for customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration.
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently under moderate direction and supervision on assigned priorities and projects
- Understands business processes and is able to develop and assist in the implementation of business process and/or technology solutions.
- Experience delivering training to end users
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Administration
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.