The Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the Secretary-General of the United Nations to support the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. It is directed by Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs, SDG Advocate, and has offices in New York, Paris, and New Delhi.
In 2017, several institutions, including the SDSN, the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), the EAT Foundation, World Resources Institute, Systemiq, and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, launched the Food and Land Use Coalition. The Coalition aims to provide the practical connections, the evidence base for action and a vision for change to drive a food and land use system transformation.
Within this Coalition, SDSN and IIASA are coordinating the Food, Agriculture, Biodiversity, Land Use and Energy Pathways (FABLE) Consortium, a global network of leading knowledge institutions in G20 and other major economies. The Consortium is assisting countries in undertaking strategic land-use and water planning. To this end FABLE Consortium members develop consistent national pathways towards sustainable land use and food systems. They also engage civil society, business, scientists, and other stakeholders in formulating and implementing these pathways
The SDSN is seeking a dynamic and talented Senior Analyst to join the small team managing the FABLE Consortium based in its Paris office. Reporting to the Director of the FABLE Consortium, and working closely with colleagues at IIASA and SDSN, the Senior Analyst will manage the Consortium’s work on Science Based Targets (SBT) and deepen its engagement with the business sector. He or she will contribute to the analytical work under FABLE and help manage relationships with partners.
- Manage technology roundtables for the FABLE Consortium
- Coordinate FABLE’s contributions to SBTs
- Contribute to flagship publication on technology roadmapping in line with SBTs
- Support FABLE country teams in engaging stakeholders around technology pathways at national and international level
- Facilitate coordination between FABLE country work and FOLU work on SBTs
- Contribute to SDSN work on sustainable business metrics in partnership with the Barilla Center for Food and Nutrition
- Contribute to the management of the FABLE Consortium and its analytical work
- Support fundraising for FOLU Coalition and FABLE Consortium
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience, ideally in corporate social responsibility (CSR) related to food and land-use systems
- Deep understanding of the technical FABLE challenges as well as their policy implications at national, regional, and global levels
- Proven track-record in facilitating international multi-stakeholder coalitions around shared technical work with strong global network of institutions covering the FABLE dimensions
- Proven experience in organizing large international events and fundraising
- Familiarity with integrated assessment models is desired but not essential
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Outstanding, native English oral communication and writing skills. Full proficiency desirable in one or more other languages, notably French, Mandarin, Russian, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Advanced degree in economics, natural sciences, engineering, or related discipline
- The candidate must have the right to work in France and should, ideally, be living in Paris
Salary and benefits:
SDSN offers a 2-year French work contract. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter to https://sdsn.hrpartner.io/jobs. We aim to fill this position as soon as possible and will process applications when they are received. Applications will be accepted until 28 February 2019 (midnight, Paris time). We will contact only those candidates whose profile meets our requirements.