Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Are you ready to bring your passion and expertise to Target to help drive sustainable business across Target’s operations and value chain? Join our team where business savvy meets purpose, and you’ll soon see—this about so much more than just doing good. You’ll rise to the challenge of expanding Target’s environmental and social impact, its resources and key partnerships with other organizations as well as supporting integration across all internal functions. You might assist with sustainable global sourcing practices and projects that foster worker wellbeing and ways to minimize our footprint at both the global and store levels. Whatever your role with CR, you’ll help influence how Target leverages its distinctive brand and unparalleled resources to set the bar for responsible, sustainable and circular business practices.
As an ESG Systems & Reporting Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for integrating and driving streamlined data collection, storage, validation, submission and performance review processes for external ESG disclosures while providing performance-related recommendations through dashboarding and analytics.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Collaborate across the business to drive streamlined data collection, storage, validation, submission and performance review processes for external disclosures including the annual CR report, GRI, CDP and ESG requests
- Analyze and synthesize large volumes of raw data, when needed, to inform system design or to provide inputs into other materials
- Develop partnerships with business and vendor teams to ensure data collection processes are developed and tested for data accuracy and data quality
- Design and collaborate on the build-out of a data management system for internal and external reporting that includes a self-report and validate function
- In partnership with internal teams, design a holistic performance dashboard, that includes specific ESG activities for business leaders by area to foster internal collaboration and internal sharing among all departments and teams
- Operate a continuous improvement model, seeking to evolve as the sustainability reporting landscape rapidly changes
- Manage collection, validation and submission process for survey and award processes
- Provide excellent internal customer service, with an eye to streamline, add value and develop mutually beneficial relationships
- Provide data acquisition and analysis support to select CR Strategy Aspirations and Key Enterprise Issues on special assignment basis
- B.A. (4 years)
- 5-7 years business experience or equivalent professional experience
- Technical knowledge and experience with relevant ESG standards and reporting frameworks including GRI, SASB, MSCI and others
- Knowledge of environmental and social issues, including strategic risk and program management and monitoring/trend analysis
- Experience with data architecture design, data warehousing capability and data reporting systems
- Track record of contributing to the development and publication of CR reports using GRI framework
- Proven ability to collaborate and manage internal relationships with partners effectively
- Proven ability to read, analyze, interpret and translate large sets of data into simple insights or reports
- Experience with approaches to managing for consistent and accurate responses and data collection, including leveraging IT solutions as applicable
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects and strong organizational skills
- Relevant professional experience from top-tier consulting firm, NGO working with business or Sustainability/ESG position or similar role in private sector ideally with multi-brand retail company or high-profile consumer brand.
Please visit the Target careers website.