Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working within Corporate Responsibility (CR) means you will be part of a team that helps shape Target’s environmental and social strategies to drive impact for our guests, team members, communities, and planet. Our work spans sustainability, philanthropy, stakeholder engagement, measurement and reporting, and more. Your mission will be to enhance Target’s reputation across the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) landscape by supporting our ESG strategy, leading environmental and social reporting and disclosure, driving strategic analyses, and deepening stakeholder engagement. Bring your passion and expertise to help Target leverage its size and scale for broader good.
As a Senior Analyst, Corporate Responsibility you will report directly to the Sr Director of Corporate Responsibility.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Corporate Reporting & Disclosure
- Manage end-to-end process for developing the annual Corporate Responsibility Report with enterprise partners; includes agency management, content and data collection, editing, reviews, approvals
- Oversee the data collection process for ESG standards, metrics and goals and own disclosure against common frameworks (e.g. SASB, TCFD, GRI)
- Lead completion of relevant ESG surveys and award processes; conduct gap analyses to identify improvement areas
- Review and interpret data and reports summarized by ESG firms and ratings agencies; partner with firms/agencies to update and ensure accuracy of Target information
- Support materiality assessments and strategic stakeholder communications
Data & Measurement
- Manage and maintain database of key ESG data inputs needed for external reporting, stakeholder requests, leader engagement, and other data management projects
- Consult on social impact measurement projects including: identifying optimal measures, setting up data collection processes and reports
- Support data governance and controls to ensure complete and accurate data, including data processes, validation and quality assessments
Strategic Analysis & Project Management
- Discover, analyze, and interpret ESG trends, policies, regulatory actions, and key ESG-related topics; develop insights and reports for leadership
- Analyze ESG performance and positioning; track progress, identify opportunities for improvement
- Scope, define, and lead projects; manage project plans, create dashboards/tools, present to leaders, and escalate risks when needed
- B.A (4 years)
- 5-7 years business experience or equivalent professional experience
- Expertise in environmental and social issues, and key stakeholders (investors, raters, rankers, NGOs, government/regulators)
- Experience with ESG reporting standards, requirements, and common frameworks, e.g. SASB, TCFD, GRI, etc.
- Experience in ESG disclosure and corporate reporting, including surveys, annual reports, ratings; ability to evaluate performance holistically and share with leadership
- Proven ability to research, analyze and interpret trends and develop reports for leadership
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and data analysis skills
- Proven ability to manage projects and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to communicate with all levels
- Ability to create compelling materials to align teams and drive to decisions (PowerPoint)
- Advanced degree in business or related field
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Please visit the Target careers website.