The Role: Trucost, a leader in environmental data and risk analysis, is seeking a Senior Analyst to join its global Corporate Business division. Working from the UK, this role is dedicated to completing analysis tasks and delivering Trucost’s services to its global client base. The Senior Analyst will contribute technical expertise and lead teams conducting detailed ESG analyses across a broad range of client projects - focused primarily on measuring the ESG performance of companies across their products, services, operations and supply chains.
The Opportunity: In this role, you will be working with clients in a diverse range of sectors to support the disclosure and management of ESG risks and opportunities, and benchmark performance. You will support clients to meet reporting needs in line with international and sector specific reporting standards and best practices.
The Impact: Trucost’s expertise is providing data leveraged analytics and insights on corporate ESG performance so that businesses and investors can understand how to direct investments that create value and avoid risk. We’ve been informing companies, financial institutions, regulators and thought leaders since 2000. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with clients across many different sectors and geographies.
The Team: Our team is composed of experienced professionals driven to identify the transformative solutions of tomorrow. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
The Hiring Manager says: “I am looking for a Senior Analyst with an excellent understanding of the development of ESG metrics and how they can be applied to support business and investment decision-making. You must be passionate about helping businesses to understand their ESG risks and opportunities, to enable and enhance their decision making processes and build more sustainable business models”.
- Lead and participate in an international research team conducting in-depth analytical research on the ESG performance of companies across their operations, supply chains and products
- Develop technical approaches to meet client needs
- Provide high-quality insights and recommendations from complex information for consultative projects
- Clearly communicate insights and technical approaches to clients verbally and in writing, including documenting analytical methodologies for reports and developing graphs and charts appropriate for use by senior executives
- Support Corporate Business division account managers in developing technical approaches for proposals or RFP/RFI responses that recognize client needs and convey Trucost’s value proposition
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team across multiple locations to conduct research and ensure the quality of assessment findings
- Experience developing and applying ESG metrics to support business and investment decision-making
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced word-processing and spreadsheet skills are expected. Including experience in developing spreadsheet based analytical tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidently presenting complex information to clients in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments independently, and as part of an international research team
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Proven professional work experience
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, which includes business, economics and finance, natural resource economics and environmental sciences, with a post-graduate degree in a related subject
- A background in environmental research, preferably with an environmental consultancy, including technical experience conducting environmental footprinting, life cycle assessment (LCA), Environmentally Extended Input-Output (EEI-O) Modelling or supply chain environmental impact analysis
- A good understanding of business and how sustainability can be integrated into corporate decision-making related to: Procurement, risk management, environmental reporting, and product or supply chain optimization
- A good understanding of green finance (the financing of investments that generate environmental benefits) including the green bond market from an issuer and investor perspective
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize technical data to develop business insights on corporate environmental and financial performance
- The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient with natural curiosity, and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Fluency in additional languages (in particular Spanish, German, French, or Mandarin) will be looked upon favourably
About Trucost, part of S&P Dow Jones Indices
Trucost is part of the S&P Global family, operated by S&P Dow Jones Indices. Our shared commitment to the environment will allow us to bring essential ESG investment opportunities to the global marketplace, enabling the combined entity to satisfy growing market demand through new products and enhancements of Trucost’s existing capabilities. Trucost assesses and prices risks relating to climate change, natural resource constraints and broader ESG factors. Companies and financial institutions use Trucost intelligence to understand exposure to ESG factors, inform resilience and identify the transformative solutions of tomorrow. Trucost data also underpins ESG indices, including the S&P 500 Carbon Efficient Index® and S&P/IFIC Carbon Efficient Index®. For more information, visit www.trucost.com.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices S&P Dow Jones Indices is the largest global resource for essential index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based on our indices than based on any other provider in the world. With over 1,000,000 indices and more than 120 years of experience constructing innovative and transparent solutions, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way investors measure and trade the markets.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.