For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
As part of the New Balance Responsible Leadership and Global Compliance Team, the Sr. Specialist, Licensee Compliance and Strategic Projects will develop and manage policy, implementation and capacity building of the New Balance (NB) Licensee Compliance Program for all NB brand global licensees and distributors. This role will also help to embed NB licensee compliance policies and procedures across business units to help NB meet its goals for “best in class” operations. In addition, this role will support data analysis, planning and reporting of key strategic responsible leadership initiatives, supporting NB’s human rights supply chain targets.
Open to candidates in the Northeast that can travel to the office 1-2 times a month when we reopen.
- Oversee the NB Licensee Compliance Program, including onboarding new global licensees and designing and conducting training to facilitate awareness of and compliance with NB standards.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional business partners at all levels of the organization. Keep relevant business partners informed of compliance performance and risks in the licensee supply chain.
- Review compliance audits, escalate and report noncompliance issues and work with the licensee to manage remediation of complex noncompliance cases.
- Manage the relationships and contracts with third-party service providers to ensure implementation and communication of licensee program requirements.
- Support on strategic projects (e.g., fair compensation, supply chain mapping) to meet the company’s human rights targets, including supporting data analysis and reporting.
- Track and report KPIs to benchmark and measure compliance performance; recommend new KPIs where relevant and appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date licensee compliance documentation via the NB compliance database (Fair Factories Clearinghouse).
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- 3-5 years of experience in managing programs of increasing complexity; international experience preferred
- B.A. degree in relevant course of study (Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations); preferred advanced degree
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural relationship skills; ability to relate to, understand, and work with diverse individuals across business units and geographies
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to analyze data sets and new information to drive decision-making and creative problem solving
- Effective pubic speaking with large and small audiences with experience in facilitation and training (in-person and/or virtual) preferred
- Results-driven team player with integrity, trust, perseverance, and patience
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically (10 – 15%)
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.