What You’ll Do
You will join the Cisco Legal team as Responsible Innovation Program Manager supporting Cisco’s Business & Human Rights (BHR) team in its efforts to integrate human rights by design principles throughout the product and offer lifecycle. BHR works to advance and operationalize Cisco’s longstanding commitments to business and human rights, enshrined in our Global Human Rights Policy, and to support Cisco’s corporate purpose of powering an inclusive future for all.
In this role, you’ll play a critical role in shaping and operationalizing polices to advance implementation of Cisco human rights policies and international human rights norms throughout Cisco’s products and offers. You’ll develop and refine our policies, processes, and operational guidance to support product development consistent with these norms. And you’ll engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to identify, prevent, mitigate, and address risks to human rights associated with Cisco’s products and offers.
Your work will focus primarily on furthering human rights by design throughout our product and offer portfolio. You’ll lead human rights due diligence projects to assess human rights risks associated with our products and offers; then you’ll work with product and engineering teams to address these risks. You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams around the globe, including privacy, security, engineering, research, product management, government affairs, and legal, among others.
You should be passionate about human rights, a great listener, solutions-driven, and a skilled advisor. You should have a strong background in human rights and be able to translate these concepts into actionable feedback for business partners.
This role supports the overall mission of the Business and Human Rights group, charged with integrating human rights commitments into Cisco’s day-to-day operations through development of policies, processes, and operational guidance. You’ll support teams across Cisco’s global operations as they seek to engage in responsible decision-making consistent with Cisco’s values, commitments, and responsibility to respect human rights. Daily work includes:
- Monitoring legislative developments pertaining to responsible product design, including for artificial intelligence and machine learning, working with our Government Affairs team to advance positions in the interest of Cisco and consistent with our Global Human Rights Policy, and working with cross-functional teams to address needed policy/process changes to comply with emerging laws.
- Proactively identifying emerging trends in technology, ethical design, and human rights and their applicability to Cisco’s global business; drafting briefings for internal stakeholders.
- Developing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the business to integrate human rights considerations into responsible decision-making frameworks.
- Other activities in support of the business and human rights strategy, as assigned.
- 2-5 years of relevant business and human rights experience
- Ability to understand and translate complex global human rights standards into concise, actionable advice for key stakeholders and decision-makers
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Sound judgment and the ability to craft creative, pragmatic solutions to drive impact and results
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure; ability to self-start and lead projects
- Affinity for working collaboratively, positively, and strategically with cross-functional teams
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in learning about new technologies and product offerings
- Resilient, affable, and light-hearted
- Experience in the technology industry preferred
- Advance degree in a relevant field a plus
Please visit the Cisco careers website.