The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
REBA’s affiliate, the REBA Institute, is a 501c3 non-profit that leads transformational research and education to ensure all organizations have a viable, expedient, cost effective path to drive a resilient, zero-carbon energy system.
The REBA Innovations team seeks to ensure public policies, legislation, and regulations support and promote clean energy markets; overcome market and policy barriers to buyer participation in clean energy markets; provide a central point for REBA members to understand public policy and engage; and align market and technology innovation projects with policy, legislative, and regulatory innovations.
The Manager position will contribute to these objectives as a dynamic clean energy professional by leading REBA’s efforts to support organized wholesale market expansion.
REBA Managers have sound quantitative training and several years relevant work experience. We look for demonstrated success in solving challenging problems, the ability to think in numbers, and lead groups and policy processes. We expect self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, the ability to drive oneself and others toward meaningful results, and a passion for making the world better.
- Provide high-level thought leadership on organized wholesale market design, structure, and governance to execute a multi-year wholesale market expansion strategy in the U.S. Knowledge of Western or Southeastern U.S. markets and/or experience engaging with FERC is a plus.
- Cultivate, empower and align REBA members around engagements to support market expansion and key policy priorities.
- Build political momentum for wholesale market expansion with state policymakers through speaking events and engagement in relevant policy forums.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer advocacy organizations to gain insights, share information, and coordinate advocacy efforts.
- Create position papers, presentations, and other external-facing communications materials to support market expansion and elevate the voice of large energy buyers.
- Develop internal educational materials for REBA members (e.g., webinars, case studies).
- Support and facilitate member meetings and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in energy, public policy, sustainability, or other relevant field and 7 or more years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in, and deep understanding of, organized wholesale energy markets required.
- Experience managing people preferred, but not required.
- Highly collaborative, strong team player.
- Passion for achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient zero-carbon energy system.
- Shared commitment to REBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- The ability to take initiative, anticipate modifications from changing priorities, and provide suggestions on ways to improve processes and solutions. Detail-oriented and organized about capturing and conveying key information.
- Analytical and able to balance and incorporate new information, and synthesize trends, and build alignment in an area where there will be divergent perspectives among members.
- An experienced communicator with the ability to deliver compelling presentations and facilitate sessions to support multi-stakeholder dialogue and innovation.
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
- Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
- 401(k), with employer match
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Parental Leave for both mothers and fathers to bond when new children enter a family
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
- Highly Flexible PTO
- Earned sabbatical policy
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; REBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
REBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at REBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All REBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. REBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit the REBA careers website.