Overview of position:
As the East Asia Regional Operations Manager of Fair Trade USA’s Apparel and Home Goods (AHG) program, you will be responsible for operationalizing long-term program strategies and annual operating plans to help with the continuing systems build-out and scaling of the Factory Services program.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and experienced leader who is passionate for the mission, highly motivated, organized, a great communicator, quick learner, and self-starter. Most importantly, you work well with others, especially across team functions, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make us successful.
Specific duties include:
- Managing the deployment of resources (local consultants) against program objectives (coaching manufacturers for annual audits, scheduling, execution and oversite of compliance readiness assessments, factory employee engagement and capability building activities, certification validity and expiration, etc.).
- Ensuring that all factories in the program in South Asia are receiving program services based off their annual service plans and as needed.
- Support the development and execution of existing and new processes, policies, and technology solutions that ensure the successful operationalization of the AHG program across Business Development and Supply Chain Services.
- Act as a link translating the work happening on-the ground for the global apparel and home goods brands – assess the best ways to collect and communicate this information with the teams and operationalize solutions to issues as they arise.
- Oversee status tracking and quality control (QC) of on-the-ground activities: support the designing and implementation of a QC system for factory operations, and a tracker to monitor the progress and health of a factory’s FT program.
- Act as a key stakeholder and AHG champion in the organization’s development of technology systems and databases to improve and increase information collection and communication across our partner network. Operationalize the technology updates within the AHG’s processes and team operations.
- Manage the implementation of the program’s strategy for local stakeholder engagement, including the overlap and strategy across all FTUSA for common stakeholders, with support from FTUSA headquarters leadership as needed.
- Oversee the system to collect and communicate the social, financial, and environmental impacts at participating FT factories. Problem solve with partners and colleagues to continually improve and improvise on the current AHG business model.
- 10 years or more experience in running global or regional operations for North American companies or NGO’s operating in East Asia.
- Compliance expertise – have built, operationalized and maintained successful social compliance programs at/for apparel and/or home goods brands in East Asia
- Ability to take complex systems and synthesize for systematic implementation
- Demonstrated ability to interact with everyone from senior level executives at Fortune 100 businesses to factory employees
- Domestic & international travel up to 50% may be required
- Exceptional customer service background, supported by outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think quickly: learn, adapt, and work autonomously, as well as with people that are not direct employees
- Excellent communication skills – Chinese and/or Vietnamese and English fluency required and other languages a plus
- Creative problem solver
- Great attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize work effectively, problem solve and handle detail-oriented projects in a systematic and highly organized manner
- Be outcome-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, economics, or international development. Advanced degree welcomed, but not required
- Proficient computer/internet skills such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Dropbox
- Prior experience working with a CRM system. Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience in quality management systems development and learning and development would be a plus
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be handled on a rolling basis until the role is filled.