The ideal Project Specialist has experience with corporate social responsibility leads with a unique blend of strategic, project management, and problem-solving skills, takes ownership, and moves with speed to deliver value to our customer. This individual is motivated, results-oriented and committed to managing quarterly audits and corrective action plan resolution with suppliers. This individual is data driven, collaborative, and a problem solver focused on continuously improving the status quo.
A day in the life…
- Support the process and approval of new supplier and partnership set up
- Supports the new manufacture, partner and factory set up process for Social Responsibility
- Supports overall annual audit processes and pulling audit data
- Support tactical oversite on existing CSR programming including audits with factories, employee giving and matching gift programs, corporate grant making and broad social impact projects
- Support education and communication, internally and externally to employees, shareholders, grantees, and suppliers in all aspects of Nordstrom’s Social Responsibility program and sustainability efforts
- Support small cross functional and corporate department priorities, goals, and strategies to exceed company and division objectives.
- Research, share and maintain knowledge of current industry trends in Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
- Support all regulatory and legal requirements and reporting, maintain practices to minimize risk to Nordstrom and exercise due diligence
- Support ad hoc reporting needs
You own this if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Apparel/Footwear/Accessories Social Audit remediation experience
- SAC Higg Facilities Environmental Module (FEM) and SAC Higg Facilities Social Labor Module (FSLM)
- Demonstrated ability to gathers data to report status and make decisions
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and facilitate
- Ability to quickly learn other applications as necessary
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan and much more.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO PROVIDING A DIVERSE ENVIRONMENT.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.