The Sustainable Sourcing Program Manager is the owner of the due diligence and risk assessment process for Cardinal Health’s Medical Segment suppliers and factories. Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Sourcing & Manufacturing, the Program Manager will be the lead contact for suppliers, site directors, cross-functional stakeholders, and external resources engaged in the development, implementation and improvement of the due diligence process for our global supply network. This position is accountable for risk assessing a global network of suppliers and internal factories, engaging suppliers in corrective and preventive action, and mitigating the overall ESG risk for Cardinal Health’s medical segment.
- Lead the due diligence and risk assessment processes.
- In collaboration with internal and external team members develop, implement and communicate supplier requirements, operating controls and procedures with the intent to manage and reduce Cardinal health’s risks and drive continuous improvement.
- Participate in development of strategy relating to strengthening the environmental, social, and governance capabilities of the supply chain
- Manage key stakeholder relationships to provide business insight on risk management, corrective and preventive actions
- Affect change by assisting management in developing appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure corrective and preventive actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issues
- Collaborate with Sourcing teams to determine effective risk mitigation sourcing strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, Safety Engineering or other related disciplines with a good understanding of responsible supply chains preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in managing projects with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work effectively in implementing programs
- Strong experience in effectively designing and implementing compliance, regulatory or sustainability into sourcing or manufacturing environments requiring cross-functional leadership
- Ability to design and deliver supplier performance management, corrective action and capability building programs, and manage third party services
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to drive change
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of IT systems for product compliance and sustainability management preferred
- Experience working with international stakeholders, team members and suppliers preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Consulting and/or auditing experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%, both domestic and international.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.