Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) creates environments for data to thrive. The company is driving the innovation needed to help customers capture, preserve, access and transform an ever-increasing diversity of data. Everywhere data lives, from advanced data centers to mobile sensors to personal devices, our industry-leading solutions are delivering the possibilities of data.
The Corporate Sustainability Analyst will help develop and manage global sustainability strategy and initiatives at Western Digital, reporting directly to the Senior Director leading the corporate sustainability function. This individual will work closely with a cross-functional team to identify key areas of focus and investment and maximize the effectiveness of Western Digital’s sustainability efforts. He/she will work to standardize existing sustainability and CSR practices under Western Digital’s corporate sustainability program and ensure alignment with overall business objectives and strategic plans. The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence at all levels of the organization and demonstrated experience serving as a strategic advisor to senior leadership.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Western Digital’s sustainability strategy across the company’s global sites, setting goals, priorities and milestones, in tight collaboration with internal partner teams.
- Partner with and influence leadership in business and functional units across the company to identify, prioritize, incubate, and scale high-impact corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Develop metrics and benchmarks for ongoing measurement of progress in corporate sustainability.
- Advocate for sustainable business practices within the company.
- Manage annual and ongoing reporting of corporate sustainability information, in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and share best practices with the organization on sustainability issues.
- Develop materials for communication of sustainability initiatives to all internal and external audiences, working with internal teams to leverage various strategic channels for communication.
- Work with HR and other partner organizations to increase employee awareness and engagement with CSR and sustainability initiatives; help the company progress toward a “purpose-driven” culture.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure highest level of performance and results.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, utilizing advanced metrics and reporting, and adjust strategy and approach as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 8+ years related professional experience, preferably including experience at a technology and/or manufacturing company.
- Proven ability to proactively build relationships and navigate organizational complexities; skilled at collaborating and influencing up and down the organization and across global sites.
- Outstanding judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with and advise the company’s senior leadership team and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust, confidence and excitement through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with multiple functional units and with employees of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in public affairs/public policy is desirable, including established relationships with NGOs, government agencies and/or relevant industry associations.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.