Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT is going through significant change. We’ve got big plans for where we want to be, and our people plans are a critical part of that. Our main focus in the DI&S team is to build a strong leadership position on a major issue for the UK – tackling the digital skills gap. This builds on existing programmes, such as our work in primary schools through the Barefoot computing, but will increasingly become a core part of what we do through each of the customer facing units. We’ll also continue to work with people from across BT and external stakeholders to maintain our leadership position in tackling climate change and environmental challenges and by championing human and digital rights.
The role holder Influences key stakeholders across BT to support and implement BT’s position on privacy and freedom of expression - BT wide and global remit.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead on privacy and freedom of expression internal policy development and adherence in BT & subsidiaries globally.
- Mitigate BT’s risks in relation to human rights.
- Support UK & global internal risk reporting to meet CSRB oversight requirements.
- Researches and evaluates best practice in privacy and freedom of expression and aims to align internally.
- Point of contact within BT for advice and guidance in relation to privacy and freedom of expression issues.
- Advise on day to day privacy and freedom of expression issues globally.
- Develop BT’s position on privacy and freedom of expression.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders in GS, Compliance and Communications.
- Excellent Analytical and Communication skills / Experience of speaking at external engagements.
- Programme management skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Expert knowledge of privacy and freedom of expression issues
- Expert knowledge of the privacy and freedom of expression standards and in in other jurisdictions as necessary.
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders to raise awareness and further develop BT’s position and profile on privacy and freedom of expression.
Why choose us?
Born in 1846, we’ve led the way in telecommunications since the dawn of the industry. Our roots go back to the first telecommunications company in the UK and over the last two centuries, we’ve innovated, challenged and pioneered the way we communicate and connect across the globe.
Now we’re undergoing one of the biggest transformations in our history. In almost every area of BT, we’re shaking things up and looking for new ways to do what we do best – delivering amazing things for our customers, while constantly striving to make BT a brilliant place to work for our people.
It means there’s a lot happening but it’s an exciting time to be part of our team. So, if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we’ll offer a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.