Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Behind one of the world’s best loved brands is a team that specializes in sustainability (environmental + social), philanthropy and community connection. We are change agents, innovators, and forward thinkers that see around corners and seek to create societal and environmental change. We are listeners, conveners, and orchestrators, that bring different voices together to co-create, uplift our communities, and proactively build an equitable tomorrow.
A role with Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability means being a part of the team that addresses Target’s most material social and environmental impacts to compete and win the modern retail market.
Here, you’ll leverage data, science, and the input of experts and stakeholders to develop Climate strategy, business plans, and ensure results.
- Drive the charge for Climate at Target; develop enterprise strategy
- Assess opportunities, build recommendation for solutions and advocate for goals
- Enterprise key performance measures development and tracking
- Enterprise transparency and reporting
- Industry assessments, e.g. Scope 3 methodology, TCFD
- Policy recommendations
- External partnerships and vendor management
- Enterprise stakeholder engagement plan
- Storytelling and advocacy
- Conduct scenario planning to ensure enterprise tracking to goals; identify challenges and opportunities proactively; bring solutions to bear
- Understand and assess the ongoing development of industry best practices, recommend adoption and ensure success
- Recommend investments in innovation and philanthropy to accelerate progress and/or address material externalities
- Ensure Target stays competitive; proactively identify and assess shifts in the landscape and recommend action plan
- Ensure all priority stakeholders understand Target’s position on Climate; enhance reputation and manage risk
- BS degree in Climate Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or area of study related to economics, finance or other analytical fields.
- 10+ years of combined experience in business, sustainability, the sciences and/or NGO community
- Strong understanding of global business climate best practices and industry standards
- Highly collaborative, ability to engage in interactive discussions with business leaders and team members
- Current on new ideas and tools
- Resourceful problem solver
- Strong influencing skills; ability to inspire and empower others to drive change
- Strong understanding of data structures
- Good understanding of basic mathematical concepts and willingness to learn complex mathematics
- 3 + years of experience developing and leading teams
- Work history that demonstrates firm grasp on key concepts to reduce emissions through a global business lens
- Regenerative expertise
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Please visit the Target careers website.