Amazon is committed to ensuring the people and communities that support our entire value chain are treated with fundamental dignity and respect, and we strive to ensure the products and services we provide are produced in a way that respects internationally recognized human rights.
We are looking for a Principal Human Rights Manager to design global strategies for advancing Human Rights Due Diligence strategies and implement our Global Human Rights Principles across the organization. This leader will be major player in key program developments, and be responsible for advising business teams on human rights strategies across a variety of industries.
- Influence and collaborate with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-develop strategies with business teams to integrate human rights considerations and drive measurable results across the company.
- Manage human rights impact assessments, execute mitigation plans, prepare written findings, and facilitate business and supplier responses and action items.
- Facilitate discussions between multiple stakeholders to design risk mitigation solutions.
- Drive innovative solutions to challenging problems with a well-reasoned and customer-obsessed vision, roadmap, and prioritization.
- Quickly learn about and understand different businesses and dive deep into their needs, human rights risks, and opportunities.
- Effectively translate human rights requirements and best practices into an operational program with clear policies, processes and metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, public policy, international development, business, sustainability, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in human rights, social responsibility, or responsible innovation fields
- 10+ years project management skills and experience, including managing multiple projects at once
- Master’s Degree in law, public policy, international development, business, sustainability, or similar graduate degree.
- Experience working in human rights, supply chain operations, social responsibility, or compliance.
- Relentlessly high standards combined with strong bias for action.
- Ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in writing.
- Track record working with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Comfortable working with and presenting to business leadership on escalations and problem solving.
- Experience using both verbal and written communication skills and clear customer focus
- Experience with cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Please the Amazon careers website.