We are looking for a Partnerships Director with a proven record of catalyzing and sustaining cross-sector initiatives, with fundraising experience. The Coalition works with companies, governments and civil society to integrate natural capital into decision-making, to tackle society’s most pressing environmental challenges. We are at a critical time in the Coalition’s evolution where we are building on our successes and starting to see real impact, which is creating even more momentum. We are now looking for a motivated new team member to help continue the Coalition’s global outreach, with an emphasis on growing and maintaining our relationship with donors and funding partners.
- Work with the Coalition Board, Executive Director, Operations Manager, Technical Director and contractors to identify and meet program and project operating and capital needs.
- Partner with Executive Director as a ‘closer’ taking ideas and concepts for projects and turning them into concretely resourced projects.
- Manage and increase an existing portfolio of donors, leveraging experience and networks
- Develop and deliver presentations, marketing, and other materials to key partners and potential donors.
- Increase the presence of the Coalition in the Americas, managing relationships with Coalition Organizations and helping to identify and deliver collaborative partnerships.
- Assist Coalition Organizations and partners in exploring innovative ways to deliver Coalition projects.
- Develop annual fundraising goals and action plans.
- Prepare and present quarterly monitoring reports to Board.
- Represent the Coalition at key engagement events with business, government, civil society and others, especially in the Americas.
- Demonstrated experience in development management, working with foundations, business, and / or private investors.
- Proven track record of creating and sustaining innovative partnerships in a non-profit, government, or for-profit setting.
- Experience with non-profit organizations.
- Strong verbal presentation and communication skills.
- Personable, engaging and able to work with people from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Direct experience in development or advancement, (e.g. overseeing a capital campaign, prospect identification and cultivation).
- A robust network of contacts, especially with funders.
- Familiarity with natural capital, biodiversity or ecosystem services.
The role will be funded for 6 months and then reviewed. Success in bringing in funding will lead to the role being extended with the idea that the role could ultimately be self-funding.
To Apply Send a CV & one-page cover letter to Mark Gough, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE NATURAL CAPITAL COALITION?
The Natural Capital Coalition is a global multi-stakeholder collaboration of all of the leading players involved in Natural Capital theory and practice. They have come together through the Coalition to create a shift in the way business engages with the natural world so that we conserve and enhance the natural capital on which we depend. The Coalition is not a membership organization, but a true collaboration. Coalition Organizations come from all parts of society; policy, academia, science, accountancy, governments, civil society, associations, finance, not for profits and of course business. The Coalition is continuing to grow and has organizations from all around the world.
Our main activities focus on further harmonization, creating the enabling environment, and outreach and advocacy. The main output is the Natural Capital Protocol; a standardized framework to, identify, measure and value impacts and dependencies on natural capital. We estimate that there are now over 25,000 copies of the Protocol in circulation and this continue to grow.
The Coalition is currently hosted as a project by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). In that role the ICAEW is the counter-party for contracts. The Coalition has a separate Board and Steering Group as well as technical and strategic advisors.
For more information http://www.naturalcapitalcoalition.org/ / Twitter @NatCapCoalition.