Tiffany & Co.’s Sustainability team sets and oversees the sustainability strategy for the organization. The team acts as a Center of Excellence that tracks emerging issues, provides input and guidance to key internal functions, and sparks new commitments or initiatives to drive the company’s leadership position in Sustainability. In addition, the team directly executes key areas such as climate, human rights, and philanthropy. The team also acts as a conduit and point of contact for engagement on Sustainability with key external stakeholders including investors and NGOs.
With subject matter expertise in both Sustainability and Marketing, the Manager–Sustainability Communications will serve as the connective tissue between teams to help establish Tiffany’s reputation as a leader in sustainability, helping to share about our long-standing, rigorous sustainability approach to consumers, employees and the general public. The Manager will drive sustainability communications in partnership with marketing and communications functions as a central point of contact between departments. This position will work closely with cross-functional business partners, and work in close collaboration with our small but high performing existing team. Successful candidates will have demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and exemplary communications skills.
- Serve as the central point of contact between Sustainability and Marketing, PR/Corporate Communications and Internal Communications functions.
- Provide strategic input on sustainability communications approach on an ongoing basis, serving as a Sustainability subject matter expert.
- Liaise with Corporate Communications on sustainability or philanthropy related media opportunities or speaking engagements, providing input to Corporate Communications as it reviews PR opportunities and editorial content/interview requests.
- Maintain visibility on 360 marketing plans relating to philanthropy and sustainability, and provide input to seamlessly integrate sustainability into existing marketing and PR plans, promotions and channels.
- Identify and support opportunities to communicate the Tiffany Sustainability story internally and externally including integrating Sustainability into existing corporate channels and materials.
- Working in partnership with marketing, PR, and internal comms to outline overall schedule and recommend overall topics, cadence, etc. for sustainability storytelling (including philanthropy)
- Partner with Tiffany’s marketing teams to execute associated marketing initiatives and campaigns that leverage sustainability initiatives
Sustainability Content Development
- Proactively suggesting and reviewing Sustainability content for social media, advertising and other channels.
- Validate the accuracy and relevancy of Tiffany’s sustainability communications. Proposing or reviewing all sustainability related copy and creative
- Submit and shepherd through any creative, digital or social briefs on behalf of the Sustainability team.
- Prepare briefing materials, presentations, and fact sheets as needed, with attention to detail and a demonstrated understanding of Tiffany’s sustainability and philanthropic priorities and messages.
- Conduct issue-specific research; preparing analysis or talking points for meetings, presentations and conferences;
- Propose new thinking and ideas to reach Tiffany’s audiences and further the perception of tiffany as a leader in sustainability among consumers
- Lead and project manage updates to the Sustainability website, in partnership with key Marketing functions including managing external consultants, as needed. Ensure alignment with sustainability metrics, validate content with internal subject matter experts and liaise with external stakeholders for contributions or validations, where appropriate.
- Writing impact and recap stories (and collaboration with counterparts for their stories)
- In partnership with key internal stakeholders, create dynamic, exciting content for program campaigns, internal communications, presentations and case studies & Develop, write and produce detailed communications and presentations to senior internal and external audiences (i.e. Tiffany senior management, board of directors, presidents and directors of external organizations), some of which are published externally.
Employee Engagement in Sustainability
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to create and implement a plan that successfully connects employees with sustainability programs, including helping to identify global (and local) engagement opportunities.
- With Internal Communications and Global Education, develop training materials, programs and strategies for employee engagement and education in Sustainability.
- Build network of internal sustainability champions. Scope, develop and lead an employee ambassador program and/or other mechanisms for employees globally to engage in Tiffany’s sustainability efforts in a meaningful, ongoing fashion.
- Develop an internal Sustainability hub on the intranet, to serve as a resource for employees.
- Organize internal sustainability engagement events and opportunities, including coordination and alignment with internal and external speakers.
Industry Knowledge and Field Research
- Stay abreast of emerging Sustainability trends and best practices and share relevant information with applicable internal stakeholders in an accessible and compelling fashion.
- Track and analyze trends in relevant sectors, including luxury and jewelry, sharing trends and updates effectively with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Perform benchmarking on specific topics, issue areas, or trends, as needed.
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree
- 6-8 years relevant experience with a focus on sustainability communications in a large company
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and proven ability to successfully work in a matrix, decentralized organization
- Exceptional writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subject matter in a clear and compelling manner
- Must possess strong attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple assignments simultaneously while prioritizing workflow effectively and independently
- Exhibit strong time management, planning and organizational skills, be flexible to changes in deadlines and work focus, and be highly self-motivated
- Ability to communicate effectively within a corporate structure and across business units; articulate and confident presence.
- Must possess the ability to distill substantial and complex data or information from multiple sources into key insights and relevant takeaways for lay audiences.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with diverse stakeholders, through formal or informal channels.
- Ability to interact with senior level figures
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically.
- Takes initiative
- Team player
- Passionate about social impact and the role of corporations in being good private sector partners to affect change
- Strong project management and cross-functional navigation skills to achieve results
- Experience leading cross-functional task forces and collaborating with creative teams
- Microsoft Office skills are critical; proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Superior relationship building skills and the proven ability to negotiate with, and influence, a wide variety of internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to connect business strategy to communications outcomes
- Ability to understand the big picture and align priorities accordingly
- Accuracy, strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to work under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience, discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate needs and work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player, have a positive mindset and are willing to take on “lower-level” and “higher-level” work based on what needs to be done
- Must be passionate about sustainability, corporate philanthropy, environmental conservation and human rights
- Strong consultative skills. Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels as a credible strategic partner
- Experience working with global organizations and bringing work to a local context
- Proven ability to see the big picture, create strategy and set new direction
- Proactive, flexible, self-reliant problem solver, results-oriented
- Unquestionable integrity and tireless work ethic
Preferred Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree
- Strong design aesthetic and ability to use advanced data visualization tools
- Interest and experience with the luxury sector