The Hershey Company is seeking a talented sustainability professional with Sustainability/ESG reporting expertise to join the Global Sustainability and Social Impact team. The Global Sustainability and Social Impact team has strategic responsibly for Hershey’s ESG activities and works with business partners across the organization to implement Hershey’s ESG policies and programs. As a member of the team, the individual will manage relationships with external ESG reporting agencies and lead Hershey’s external ESG and corporate sustainability reporting including coordinating materiality and saliency assessments, leading our annual Sustainability report and accompanying reports, external and internal websites, KPI reporting, and other ESG disclosures as relevant. The Manager will also oversee the regular review of data summarized by ESG firms and ratings agencies and make recommendations to strengthen The Hershey Company’s position as appropriate.
The position requires both subject-matter expertise, strategic and tactical program leadership, demanding collaboration and management through influence across the business and engagement to build and maintain internal and external partnerships. The individual will be the company’s primary liaison with external ESG rating and ranking organizations, managing the inputs to these rating systems and translating trends into internal recommendation for ESG program improvements. The individual will also develop and recommend programs and actions to the Sustainability Steering Committee which is Hershey’s governance structure for cross-organizational delivery of ESG commitments, policies, and programs.
- Serve as enterprise leader on ESG/sustainability reporting, benchmarking best-in-class methods, monitoring future trends and priorities, and making recommendations to enhance Hershey’s data collection and reporting methods.
- Own and project manage the company’s annual Shared Goodness Sustainability report, working across the organization and with external agency to collect data, write and publish the report, GRI disclosures, SASB reporting, TCFD, UNGPRF, and SDG/UNGC reporting
- Lead and deliver additional yearly reporting i.e., DJSI, CDP, etc.
- Serve as liaison with external ESG reporting organizations and thought leaders
- Own Global Sustainability reporting, i.e., KPI tracking and reporting, website disclosures, and manage Hershey’s internal ESG scorecard.
- Partner with legal, Human Resources (including Diversity Equity & Inclusion), finance and others in updating annual disclosures (Proxy, 10K, etc.)
- Develop ratings & rankings strategy for The Hershey Company, working closely with other corporate departments and segments.
- Help manage Hershey’s external relationships with key ESG rating agencies (MSCI, Sustainalytics, etc.), ensuring that Hershey’s ESG performance is accurately communicated to and understood by for investors and other key stakeholders.
- Collect and curate data and examples of Hershey Sustainability performance across the organization and partner with Communication department to elevate internally and externally using various media channels (website, social, etc.)
- Ensure implementation plans are effectively managed and milestones are achieved
- Manage project budgets, schedules, action and workplans, and resources to project completion
- B.A. in relevant field (4 years). Master’s degree preferred.
- Degree in environment management, public policy, sustainability or related field, a plus. Master’s in Business, Public Policy, Communications a plus.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in CSR, and or ESG/reporting
- In depth knowledge of various reporting frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB, TCFD, UNGPRF, WEF), and/or investor-preferred evaluations such as Sustainalytics, MSCI, etc.)
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Strong influencing, collaboration, oral and written communications skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills required with ability to track, measure and
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, moving and managing projects with differing objectives, milestones and deliverables
- Experience leading and facilitating group process and collaboration
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please visit Hershey’s careers website.