At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Would you like to work for a company that is purpose-driven and a recognized leader in corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability? As Manager, Sustainability and Climate, you will support Hasbro’s sustainability practice, driving progress towards achieving Hasbro’s sustainability goals. This includes the climate action plan and identifying new opportunities for the company to positively impact the planet across our 3 business areas, Consumer Products, Digital Gaming and Entertainment. This Manager reports to the Director Sustainability & Climate.
At Hasbro, we play and entertain with purpose! We are using our business as a force for good and building a safer, more sustainable company and world for all. We’re passionate about play, protecting our planet and conserving natural resources for future generations. This includes pursuing innovative ways to reduce our environmental impacts across our value chain. We are proud to have been recognized for the last 10 consecutive years as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and as one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens, by CR Magazine!
A day in the life as a Director, Sustainability and Climate:
- Sustainability Initiative Management: Manage Hasbro sustainability goals with a focus on implementing the Climate Action plan, including Science-Based Targets (SBT) goal setting and implementation and supporting the climate risk and resilience plan. Support strategies to meet Hasbro’s publicly-stated sustainability goals across all operations, expansion of the toy recycling program, green teams and company culture. Co-championing environmental sustainability initiatives at all levels of the organization to drive progress and positive change.
- Product Sustainability: Provide support and technical expertise to advance and meet Hasbro product sustainability goals. Help identify and communicate emerging sustainable business practices and bring recommendations to the Sustainability Director and leadership team. Help build product sustainability expertise, tools, partnerships and processes to enable progress.
- ESG Data Management: Support the annual data collection for strategic completion of applications and disclosures for relevant business rankings. In partnership with a Sustainability Data Analyst be responsible for Hasbro’s annual public sustainability reporting, including the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and retailer surveys.
- Climate research and stakeholder engagement: Serve as Hasbro’s authority on the evolving global climate policy landscape, carbon accounting protocols, carbon pricing, renewable energy and climate risk methodologies and tools to drive Hasbro’s climate strategy.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 - 10+ years of proven experience in sustainability, including carbon goal setting and strategy program development, ideally in a large publicly-held consumer products corporation.
- In depth knowledge of carbon accounting, the Science-Based Target Initiative, TCFD alignment process and key sustainability reporting frameworks. These include GRI, GHG Protocol, CDP and SASB.
- Passion, energy, and commitment to CSR, sustainability, and EHS.
- Experience with energy management and efficiency strategies and climate scenario modeling related to Enterprise Risk Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental engineering/management, sustainability, business administration, environmental studies, environmental science.
- Strong understanding of the renewable energy landscape including sourcing, market-based instruments, pricing models and benefits of different energy generation methods.
- Strong data analysis skills with experience building data visualizations hosted on web-based platforms e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker.
For more details about our CSR and Sustainability progress and recognition, please visit: http://newsroom.hasbro.com/static-files/dfcd27e5-29dc-416a-ab6a-83dbc82bac09
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Please the Hasbro careers website.