American Express (AXP) seeks to hire an experienced, forward-thinking and solutions-driven individual to join Global Real Estate and Workplace Experience (GREWE) as Program Management Office (PMO) & Sustainability Manager for the Design, Construction & Facilities Management (DCFM) team. He/she is responsible for the coordination and delivery of projects and programs focused on fostering an environmentally sustainable workplace. He/she is also responsible for the coordination and delivery of projects and programs that ensure DCFM performance, processes, tools and information empower the global service delivery teams to operate efficiently while providing leadership with transparency, governance and compliance with established AXP management policies.
DCFM is a part of GREWE reporting into American Express’ Global Business Services (GBS) organization, a shared services function that supports all divisions of the company with internal real estate services. GREWE makes American Express a safe, productive and engaging workplace, across over 177 properties over 8.7 million SF in 41 countries, while optimizing the value of AXP’s real estate assets. The DCFM PMO & Sustainability Manager will report to the Director of DCFM PMO & Sustainability. This role will work with stakeholders across the GREWE organization and other key stakeholders, such as Corporate CSR & Sustainability, Global Supply Management, Human Resources, Operational Risk and Corporate Affairs & Communications.
Sustainability (70% of Role)
- Manage environmental sustainability programs focused on carbon emissions & building resource management (energy, waste and water).
- Collate information from GREWE stakeholders to submit department’s portion of AXP’s annual Corporate Responsibility Report.
- Manage annual greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory reporting to Director of Corporate CSR & Sustainability.
- Govern the delivery of green building certifications across the portfolio being performed by project teams (LEED, TRUE, WELL, FitWel).
- Contribute feedback on environmental attributes to the GREWE Workplace Design Guidelines.
- Coordinate with Real Estate Strategy to maintain carbon emissions roadmap against GREWE’s long-range real estate plan.
- Identify and present new opportunities to expand existing sustainability program scope to leader and GREWE executive team.
- Update and maintain colleague-facing content on the GREWE Energy & Sustainability Page on AXP’s intranet website.
- Participate in executive committee discussions around developing Sustainable Healthy Workplace program.
- Partner with third-party facilities service providers currently providing Energy & Sustainability support to the GREWE team.
Program Management Office (30% of Role)
- Manage delivery of various ad hoc reporting, analysis and organizational management requests from DCFM leaders.
- Manage various requests to maintain and enhance DCFM operational risk & compliance-related documentation and processes.
- Manage DCFM user needs for new technology and reporting system capabilities in GREWE’s Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS).
- Draft and write formal communications to colleagues, customers and leadership outlining progress on various projects & programs.
- Support execution of global third-party supplier agreements with DCFM and Global Supply Management.
- Support DCFM Strategic Planning & Standards with capital planning and operational budgeting process.
- Schedule meetings, update organization documents and maintain project timelines on behalf of Director DCFM PMO & Sustainability as necessary.
- Partner with third-party facilities service providers currently within the PMO and Governance & Solution teams to co-own and manage tasks.
- 5 years of experience working with or in the corporate real estate industry, facilities management or design & construction background preferred
- 5 years of experience managing multi-stakeholder projects and programs.
- 5 years of experience managing environmental sustainability projects or programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or Environmental Studies
- Master’s Degree in Sustainability Management preferred
- Green Building Accreditation (LEED AP, WELL AP, LFA) preferred
- Strong applied knowledge of the latest industry trends in corporate sustainability.
- Experience working with technology development teams on user stories and user acceptance testing preferred.
- Experience working with sourcing department on vetting suppliers and developing cost-benefit analyses preferred.
- Experience managing multiple high-profile and multi-stakeholder projects against stated deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Tableau and Microsoft Access and InfoPath preferred.
- Strong willingness to work across global time zones (early morning and late nights) to complete projects or act as DCFM Point of Contact.
- Strong willingness to collaborate and build consensus in an inclusive yet time-efficient manner.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.