The Manager of Ethical Sourcing–Asia, based in Hong Kong, is responsible for Hasbro’s Ethical Sourcing Vendor Capability and Worker Well-Being initiatives in the Asia region with emphasis on proactively managing ethical sourcing and human rights risks related to global manufacturing and licensing supply chains. The Manager will serve as a critical team member in Hasbro’s continuing journey to build a world-class Ethical Sourcing program; including rankings as number 5 on the 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens List and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 7th Consecutive year.
Focusing on vendor, retailer, licensee, social compliance program relationships in China, Southeast Asia and India, he/she will report to the Director of Asia Ethical Sourcing (the “Asia Director”) and be responsible for development and implementation of effective vendor capability and worker well-being programs to meet Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) and achieve social impact on workers and their communities. The Manager will also help process and improve factory assessments, work on corrective action plans (CAPs), conduct research, analytical and related support in the assigned regions and closely supervise all operations of any assigned regional staff.
- At the direction of the Asia Director, develop and implement effective Vendor Capability initiatives to support factory efforts and increase ownership to remediate critical issues and minimize supply chain risk in Hasbro’s global manufacturing supply chain.
- At the direction of the Asia Director, build a best-in-class Worker Well-Being program, starting with a pilot, which will identify and address worker social needs and enhance worker professional and personal skills.
- Build relationships and collaborate with key internal stakeholders, such as Strategic Sourcing, Product Category Leads, Planning and Quality Assurance, to ensure alignment and continue to integrate ethical sourcing into business engagement.
- Develop and manage KPIs related to impact of Vendor Capability and Worker Well-being initiatives.
- Actively monitor and regularly report to Corporate on Asia trends in human rights and ethical sourcing by keeping up with current developments and industry news including attending conferences and seminars. Network with professionals seeking, as well as sharing, best industry practices.
- Oversee social compliance data management and dashboard development for the Asia Director to include in regular reports to Corporate and GSDO leadership.
- Work directly with corporate to help develop and implement leading sustainability program in Hasbro’s global manufacturing supply chain.
- International travel required (Mainland China, Southeast Asia, India, United States).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Policy or related discipline or experience in a relevant field (i.e., law, policy, human rights). Advanced degrees are preferred.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in ethical sourcing, corporate compliance or governance; auditing experience preferred.
- Proven experience and knowledge in the human rights field, and an understanding of the international context in which the Hasbro operates; extensive knowledge of labor rights principles including labor standards and labor rights obligations, excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and build collaboration at all levels of the company; professional demeanor with the ability to work to tight deadlines and crisis management, an aptitude for learning and staying at the forefront of the Ethical and Social Compliance arena.
- Strong people manager; leadership and ability to positively influence internal (GSDO) and external stakeholders, (vendors). Ability to educate the internal organization on the importance of social compliance to the business.
- Share Hasbro values of community, passion, integrity and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence internally and externally.
- Self-starter and passionate advocate of worker’s rights and benefits of ethical sourcing to business.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Please visit the Hasbro careers website.