When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
You will be part of the Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) group, a growing team focused on Verizon’s global environmental and social impact results. You will be responsible for managing Verizon’s ESG data governance program. As a subject matter expert, you will have a lead role including documenting processes and workflows and overseeing data validation, as well as liaising with Verizon enterprise risk management, internal audit, and data owners across the business. You have an eye for detail, a love of numbers and a passion for making a difference. No stranger to a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines, you can adapt to changing circumstances, juggle competing priorities, and combine a sense of urgency with due care and attention to detail. You get personal satisfaction from analyzing problems and delivering solutions to improve the business.
- Developing and reviewing process documentation, as well as creating management test plans, assessing management test results and establishing remediation plans.
- Owning and reviewing ESG-specific controls and assisting in mitigation requirements. This entails partnering and working with senior leaders, walking them through the documented processes, identifying gaps and making recommendations for potential areas of improvement.
- Analyzing, summarizing and consolidating a wide variety of data, across the enterprise, into cohesive reporting; presenting data trends, insights and related recommendations to management.
- Identifying root-cause issues and gaps and formulating improvement recommendations to present to senior management.
- Ensuring ESG data governance policies and procedures are followed and a strong internal controls environment is maintained across the company as well as in the ESG group for reporting.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the business to collect and aggregate key data.
- Developing and/or collecting supporting documentation for reporting requirements.
What we’re looking for…
You need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience - external reporting, risk management or internal audit.
- Experience with non-financial reporting (Environmental or Human Capital metrics).
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, PMP).
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills and an ability to engage with high-performance teams and stakeholders at any level in a business.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written), capable of presenting information and viewpoints in a clear and compelling manner.
- Great attention to detail and ability to analyze data, leveraging information to provide clear, concise and supported recommendations for action.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of risk frameworks (COSO etc.)
- Experience with non-financial reporting practices and frameworks (SASB, GRI, CDP etc.).
- Experience with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
- Experience formulating, affecting, interpreting and implementing policies and processes to ensure a strong control environment.
- Experience leveraging auditing principles and methods to evaluate policies, processes and systems to identify business risks and control gaps.
- Experience with the GRC tools.
- Experience with external reporting software.
- Strong analytical, investigative, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain confidential and complex issues, and make recommendations to leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer—and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.