The Corporate Responsibility (CR), Manager, focusing on environmental issues in the supply chain including PVH’s wastewater, chemicals and water stewardship programs will help PVH’s brands and divisions achieve environmental targets in these two priority areas of PVH’s Forward Fashion strategy.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Environmental Sustainability & Product Stewardship, the Manager will initiate, lead and manage projects aimed at driving global water and chemicals management programs, and supporting related environmental sustainability initiatives across supply chains and PVH. The success of this role will require the Manager to collaborate closely with key internal partners (Supply Chain, QA) and key Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives such as Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC), AFIRM Group, World Wildlife Fund (WWF), and Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC).
The Manager will exhibit excellent communication and program management skills, strong analytic capabilities, effective problem-solving, and the ability to foster partnerships. Direct experience in sustainable supply chain is preferred.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Help manage PVH’s supply chain sustainability initiatives, which may include:
- Project management of sustainability initiatives and programs including:
- Building, monitoring, and communicating project plans
- Tracking data to demonstrate progress towards sustainability targets/KPIs as well as impacts and cost savings
- Managing data analyses and determining/reporting key insights to help drive decision making
- Help communicate program developments to CR leadership and the broader audiences through various reporting mechanisms, such as the annual PVH CR report, as well as PVH communications and marketing teams.
- Proactively manage the maintenance of PVH CR policies and resource materials related to water and chemicals management; monitor environmental and product regulation/legislation both locally and globally.
- Support environmental issues management, particularly related to the water and chemicals programs.
- Engage with strategic multi-stakeholder initiatives and promote the adoption of industry tools. Manage the implementation of such tools focused on chemicals management and water, notably the ZDHC, AFIRM Group, the United Nations CEO Water Mandate, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Apparel Impact Institute, WWF and GIZ.
- Review, analyze and provide strategic recommendations related to improving supplier performance around water preservation and chemicals management – with a view to develop, drive and implement scalable and efficient remediation initiatives.
- Help identify and implement supplier remediation and capacity building solutions around water, wastewater and chemicals challenges in the context of broader environmental challenges.
Partner with PVH brands and divisions to integrate environmental sustainability initiatives into business practices.
- Create materials to educate internal teams (including designers, supply chain and licensees) and streamline processes across global brands.
- Help prepare for internal forums and trainings to share cross-division insight, best practices and resources.
- Communicate with impact and help build the business case for environmental initiatives with internal and external parties.
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance.
Wastewater, Chemicals Management, & Water Stewardship (Specific)
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance to PVH’s global Restricted Substance List (RSL) and ZDHC’s Manufacturing Restricted Substances List (MRSL), working in close collaboration with PVH Quality Assurance (QA), Sourcing, Legal, Technical Design and Raw Materials teams, as well as external laboratory consultants.
- Collaborate with business divisions, consultants, and suppliers on corrective actions related to RSL and MRSL testing failures.
- Partner with management leads in QA and labs to ensure adherence to global RSL testing protocol.
- Work with internal and external business partners to research and adopt alternative, green chemistries.
- Project management in support of a global water stewardship program, including management of Nonprofit and private sector stakeholders.
- Help create ways of measuring the impact water stewardship activities have in sourcing communities. Review and assess emerging water related metrics/targets.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years’ experience in sustainability or equivalent. Apparel industry, raw material (in apparel or other consumer facing industries) and/or chemical management is encouraged. Supply Chain experience preferred.
- Required: B.S. / B. A. or M.S. in business administration, environmental science, or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated ability managing programs compliance, environmental or corporate responsibility-related programs in the supply chain.
- Experience managing and providing internal and external training.
- Strong problem solving abilities with a solutions oriented mindset
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically to deliver results
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to explain complex data and content in a clear and impactful way
- Proficient in using MS Excel to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics. Must be able to combine large volumes of data for consolidated reporting. Advanced capabilities with MS Excel preferred.
- Proven ability to support a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of the apparel industry, consumer goods industry and/or Supply Chain preferred.
- Previous engagement with the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals, AFIRM, or comparable industry working groups is a plus.
- Working knowledge of global and regional chemical legislation such as REACH, CPSIA 2008, GB and CA Prop 65.
Please visit PVH’s LinkedIn page.