The Corporate Responsibility (CR) Manager, focusing on sustainable product, materials and packaging, will help PVH achieve our environmental sustainability and circularity targets.
Under the direction of the Director, Environmental Sustainability & Product Stewardship, the Manager will help drive, implement and track progress on projects aimed at advancing key environmental sustainability commitments in partnership with divisions throughout PVH and external partners.
The Manager will exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong project management skills, strong analytic capabilities, effective problem-solving, and the ability to work flexibly with a range of different stakeholders. Experience in corporate responsibility or environmental sustainability is preferred.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities Of The Job
Sustainable product, raw material and packaging project management, including:
- Support CR leadership team in executing annual plan for driving uptake of sustainable raw materials and packaging solutions, as well as circularity initiatives.
- Plan and help facilitate cross-division internal roundtables, trainings and networks focused on sustainable products, materials and packaging.
- Track best practices and share across divisions.
- Provide internal business partners with counsel and recommendations on environmental impacts of various sustainable materials and innovations, i.e.:
- Conduct environmental due diligence assessments, review lifecycle assessments and consider outside resources where appropriate.
- Help oversee and implement initiatives to support compliance with PVH’s Global Animal Welfare Policy and identify related initiatives to pursue.
- Implement chemical management initiatives including managing annual updates to and questions around the PVH Restricted Substances List (RSL).
- Research emerging circular and sustainable innovations, trends and resources that support PVH’s corporate targets; develop materials to share findings with internal audiences.
- Develop the CR Coordinator, Environmental Sustainability, to reach her/his full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities while motivating and challenging her/him to drive high performance.
KPI Tracking, Measurement And Mapping
- Work with CR team leaders and business partners to track data to demonstrate progress toward corporate sustainability targets/KPIs and measure impacts, including:
- Tracking progress on sustainable cotton and polyester corporate targets.
- Support annual PVH CR reporting initiatives with respect to this work.
- Manage annual global material and packaging material mapping exercises; collaborate with internal and external business partners to collect information.
- Consider opportunities to optimize mapping processes and identify new ways to use the insights.
Promote use of sustainable product, material and packaging resource and certifications:
- Research, promote and maintain sustainable and circular product, material, packaging resources to help drive more sustainable design, raw material selection, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on and evaluate the latest resources, including the SAC Higg Product tool and resources from The Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Textile Exchange, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, etc.
- Provide guidance on sustainability marketing claim and labeling queries.
- Provide the business with guidance on sustainable marketing/labeling considerations based on industry best practices and environmental due diligence.
- Serve as an expert on circular and sustainable material, product and design certifications and evaluation tools, including:
- Cradle to Cradle, the SAC’s Higg Product tool, the Global Recycling Standard, the Responsible Down Standard, the Responsible Wool Standard.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in sustainability or equivalent. Apparel industry, product design and/or raw material (in apparel or other consumer facing industries) is encouraged.
- Education: Required: B.S. / B. A. or M.S. in business administration, environmental science, or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects from planning through execution.
- Strong organizational skills as well as sustainability and business acumen.
- Strong problem solving abilities with a solutions oriented mindset.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically to deliver results.
- Ability to build constructive relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to explain complex data and content in a clear and impactful way.
- Proven ability to thrive within a team-oriented environment.
- Methodical approach, with demonstrated ability of delivering high quality product with strong attention to detail.
With a history going back over 135 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest apparel companies in the world. We have over 36,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and nearly $9 billion in annual revenues. We own the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co . intimates brand, and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
Please visit the PVH LinkedIn site.