Lead and implement Wendy’s Corporate Social Responsibility program to demonstrate commitment to social, environmental, sustainability, philanthropic and economic issues. Build processes to identify, manage and respond to reputational risks especially in the system’s supply chain. Priority subjects include human rights/labor, animal welfare, food quality/safety, sustainable sourcing, environmental programs - energy, water, recycling, waste - and agriculture. Working with the Corporate Communications team, externally communicate and report on CSR priorities, positions, goals, timelines and progress. Ensure implementation of Supplier Code of Conduct. Work with relevant thought leaders and subject matter experts to establish brand opportunities and put in place a framework to establish strategic CSR leadership. Reporting to the SVP - External & Government Relations.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Establish, prioritize and align company leadership to CSR goals and drive progress against stated commitments through implementation of a multi-year, aspirational CSR strategy and plan
- Externally communicate established goals and timelines and work directly and in collaboration with key stakeholders especially leading Nongovernmental Organizations, trade associations, industry groups and coalitions.
- Assess trends, emerging issues and serve as internal and external thought leader and subject matter expert to establish and maximize leadership and other opportunities.
- Ensure implementation and adoption of supplier code of conduct and identify opportunities to expand, modify or improve.
This position will be based at The Wendy’s Company headquarters in Dublin, a suburb of Columbus, OH. The Wendy’s Company is the world’s second largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the U.S. and 25 other countries and U.S. territories worldwide.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiar with Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability programs, strategies, communications and related stakeholder engagement especially in food and/or retail environments. Familiarity with the major reporting frameworks including GRI, CDP, ESG, GAP, EFI and others (4-6 years)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience working with executive leadership teams to present facts and provide recommendations
- Previous experience in Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability including reporting and stakeholder engagement (4-6 years)
- Current established relationships and working familiarity with relevant Nongovernmental Organizations, trade associations and industry groups in agriculture, environment and social responsibility.
Please send cover letter and resume to Alyssa.Creatore@wendys.com.