Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be
The Manager, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Reporting and Transparency, will be responsible for helping ensure Visa is positioned for and responsive to the growing expectations among internal and external stakeholders for transparent reporting on our environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives. In conjunction with both the Vice President, Head of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability as well as the Director, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability, the role’s portfolio will include continued tracking and measurement of progress across ESG goals, engagement on Visa’s behalf with the ESG ratings firm community and production of Visa’s formal and informal reporting initiatives (e.g., sustainability report, website, intranet, ad hoc inquiries, etc.). The role will work collaboratively across the members of the Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Leadership Council and its associated working groups to track progress in individual areas, signal evolving topic areas and expectations of external interest and perform assessments and develop recommendations for further action to fill performance and/or transparency gaps. As a member of the broader Social Impact team, this position reports to the Vice President, Head of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability and will be based at Visa’s offices in Foster City, California.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing a systematic approach to formal and informal reporting on Visa’s progress and results across relevant ESG topic areas within the corporate responsibility and sustainability strategy
- Supporting the continued establishment of and measurement of progress against formal quantitative and qualitative ESG goals and targets
- Leading Visa’s engagement with and submissions to the formal evaluations conducted by leading ESG research and ratings firms, including RobecoSAM, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, FTSE Russell and others
- Ensuring timely and accurate responses to other ESG-focused inquiries from investors, clients, non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders
- Collaborating with Investor Relations, Legal and others to support Visa’s proactive engagement with institutional investors on ESG performance
- Managing the development and publication of Visa’s formal Corporate Responsibility / Sustainability Report
- Leading the planning and implementation of reporting and transparency across additional channels, including external website, employee intranet, etc.
- Maintaining the ESG performance dashboard
- Supporting regular reporting to executive management and Board of Directors
- Benchmarking Visa’s strategies, results and performance
- Collaborating with partners, including the Director, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability, on issue-specific reporting, such as CDP, UK Modern Slavery Act, etc.
- Implementing and managing IT solutions for maintaining consistent and accurate tracking and reporting on ESG performance
- Understanding and positioning Visa for the evolving regulations, standards and frameworks for ESG reporting and transparency
- Serve as a resource for internal partners for formal ESG reporting and broader communications needs and opportunities
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal partners / functions that contribute to responsibility and sustainability to drive toward coalitions, consensus and action
- A passion for using the tools of business to achieve business and societal objectives Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) degree from top-tier institutions required
- A minimum of 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in similar roles; experience implementing similar programs in a corporate environment strongly preferred
- Technical knowledge and extensive experience with relevant ESG standards and reporting frameworks, including GRI, SASB, IIIRC and others
- Track record of managing the development and publication of formal corporate responsibility / sustainability reports
- Expertise in managing corporate engagement with the ESG ratings firm landscape
- Understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and experience with evolving approaches to corporate reporting on alignment, prioritization and progress
- Ability to understand trends in ESG expectations, perform assessments of current performance and develop recommendations for action
- Understanding of the evolving expectations for responsibility and sustainability among various stakeholders (e.g., shareholders, ESG ratings firms, governments, non-governmental organizations, etc.)
- Experience with approaches to managing for consistent and accurate responses, including leveraging IT solutions as applicable
- Exceptional ability to develop positive relationships and lead through influence with internal partners, build consensus and prioritize action and results
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation and strong written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive to completion
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or geographic management
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fast-paced and rapidly changing
- Strategic thinker able to identify and champion new ideas and approaches
- Global or multi-national corporate experience is strongly preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit the Visa careers website.