About Sustainability at Restaurant Brands International:
As a corporation, we define corporate responsibility as looking beyond a strong bottom line to consider the impact of everything we do. It’s about doing the right thing as a corporate citizen in today’s global marketplace while successfully meeting business goals and objectives.
To us, corporate responsibility isn’t about a final destination; it’s about an ongoing journey. We know our policies and procedures will evolve and change as the landscape in which we do business evolves and changes.
The better job we do at being responsible today, the better our business will be in the future. We know that from a pure business sense, it can help us manage risk, enhance employee morale and retention, strengthen brand loyalty, build goodwill in and strengthen the communities in which we operate and can directly affect the bottom line in terms of energy savings and waste reduction. We also know that it must be a way of thinking and fully embedded within our brand. That is why our approach is stakeholder-driven, focused on four key areas – Food, People, Environment and Corporate Governance.
The company seeks a Senior Manager, Sustainability, supporting the execution of Restaurant Brand International sustainability plans in alignment with the sustainability strategy of RBI. The Senior Manager will assist in strategy development and lead implementation of the company’s sustainability efforts. This includes managing company-wide projects on specific issue areas, and support the execution of sustainability goals by other departments/functions. This is a flexible role, reporting to the Head of Innovation & Sustainability.
- Lead management of RBI sustainability strategy, goal- and policy-setting process in collaboration with the Head of Innovation & Sustainability and leaders from RBI as required.
- Manage and execute elements of RBI’s sustainability plan, and oversee project management, facilitation and execution of goals carried out by departments such as Supply Chain / Procurement, Product Development, Corporate Affairs, Packaging, Research and Development, Global Human Resources, Franchisee Affairs and marketing and communications teams.
- Lead cross functional projects across multiple brands.
- Track and report progress on budget and work plans, including management of sustainability pilots, to the Head of Innovation & Sustainability.
- Work in close collaboration with key internal business leads to execute strategy, including liaising with RBI counterparts on corporate-wide objectives.
- Serve as point of contact with corporate functions and business partners such as, supply chain, operations, franchisees affairs and human resources.
- Benchmark, synthesize, and communicate external and internal trends and insights; support identification of emerging sustainability issues, and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Manage company sustainability reporting process and investor and customer surveys.
- Represent RBI in external sustainability collaborations, managing communications with key internal stakeholders
- Manage sustainability governance committee/cross-functional meetings.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current and clear understanding of sustainability concepts, including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, particularly those in the food industry, restaurant-specific a plus (including animal welfare standards, UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, Carbon Disclosure Project and science-based targets, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact, US/Global Roundtable on Sustainable Beef, etc.).
- Additional subject matter expertise across RBI areas a plus, including sustainability management, reporting and transparency, inclusion and diversity, sustainable agriculture and/or supply chain.
- General understanding of raw material supply chains and ESG challenges
- Flexibility and motivation to learn new content, consider new resources, and innovate.
- Project Management expertise is also required
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to anticipate and solve complex problems and resolve issues independently / with partnership guidance.
- Experience working with high-profile consumer brands and of franchisee model a plus.
- Excellent organization skills, with strong ability to multitask and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines, and re-prioritize as-needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include various other departments within RBI business partners, advocacy organizations and issue experts, and franchise partners.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including communicating and marketing sustainability efforts.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze small and large data sets into useful information, depending on the need.
- Ability to translate complex circumstances and ideas and clear, concise, and supported recommendations
- Ability to influence senior leaders in the organization and across different cross functional groups
- Fluent in both written and conversational English; fluency in a second language an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- High ethical standards and commitment to core values of [RBI core values].
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and/or highly sensitive situations.
- Ability to lead from the front, middle, and back of a group – team driven.
- Ability to undertake business travel 25 percent of time or more.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field, Master’s degree in business, operations, sustainability or a related field a plus
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience in a top-tier consulting firm, NGO working with business, a CSR/sustainability, or sustainability focused operations or similar role in the private sector, preferably restaurant industry