IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity. You can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
Recruitment and labour practices market-level assessments:
- Acting as key liaison for internal stakeholders and external advisors during information-gathering stages of assessments
- Assisting in the collation and assessment of market-level findings, with the objective of ensuring IHG has appropriate policies and procedures in place to address identified risks and helping to produce responsible labour practices and recruitment ‘toolkits’ for hotel colleagues to drive best practice
- Organising and consolidating awareness and guidance materials for IHG-branded hotels for major sporting and other events where there may be heightened risks of human trafficking, with the objective of creating standardised toolkits/packs for future events
- Supporting on targeted activities by helping to collaborate/ coordinate as necessary with local authorities/police and NGOs to help drive training and awareness amongst IHG-branded hotels
- Supporting on the delivery of migrant worker projects with NGOs and international organisations (e.g. SHA/IoM collaboration)
- Supporting on responses to external stakeholder/NGO questionnaires regarding IHG’s ESG commitments and, in coordination with CR, helping to centrally record and track the same
- Reporting on the key programmes’ measurements to track and monitor adherence to e.g. policy/ training completions
- Supporting on communications relative to the Ethics and Compliance programmes (i.e. internal comms, follow up on hotel incidents) with key internal stakeholders
- Ensuring the Ethics and Compliance content is accurate on all relevant platforms (e.g. Merlin, Responsible Business sites) and providing assistance to colleagues on policy and processes queries (e.g. including via E&C Inbox queries)
Due diligence / Third party management:
- Administrative and technical support for IHG’s owner legal due diligence programme, including becoming a ‘super user’ of Ethics & Compliance’s electronic * due diligence tool (Compliance Catalyst) to assist regional teams
- Reporting to track and monitor the effective use of the system, trends analysis and daily alerts monitoring
- Assisting with development and rollout of electronic tool (e.g. to other regions) and acting as point of contact for training and user queries
What we need from you
- Education: Bachelor degree
Critical expertise & experience:
- Up to 2 years’ experience in an analytical or similar role
- Previous hospitality/ human rights/ due diligence processes experience is desired but not required
Technical skills & knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to influence, collaborate and interact with multiple teams
- Ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines, with a strong project-driven approach
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.