Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Group Director, US Corporate Social Responsibility will be a key member of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Steering Committee, prioritizing and leading a variety of sustainability projects within the US. Note: This role can be located in Piscataway, NJ or New York City. Responsibilities
Coordinate US Region CSR Steering Committee
- Organize and prepare CSR Steering Committee bi-monthly meetings, which might include supporting a particular business function in preparing to present their internal CSR initiative or identifying / inviting an external speaker
- With each Committee member, define annual action plan for their part of the business, in alignment with Global CSR Framework
- Present annual action plan to relevant business leaders (Department Heads and Regional MC) to obtain validation
- Meet periodically with each CSR Committee member and their team to track and ensure implementation of annual action plan
- Support local CSR projects as necessary, including enabling access to financial support from the global Sustainable Development & Innovation Fund (helping with application process and administrative tasks necessary to deploy funds)
- Support global team in collecting necessary data for annual CSR reporting
- Support CSR communication in local market, liaising with global CSR Content Manager and local Internal Communications team
Manage global Sustainable Retail projects, using US Region as pilot market
- In partnership with global Boutique Architecture teams (F&B and Fashion), coordinate and support LEED certification for boutiques across the Regions, in particular LEED Volume certification for F&B standalone boutiques
- Develop a strategy for energy metering and monitoring in our boutiques, evaluating different software and hardware options available on the US and global markets
- Define an air quality standard for our boutiques and offices, evaluating different filtration or purification technologies on market
- Support the development and implementation of other global guidelines for Sustainable Retail, including a Health & Safety auditing framework for our boutiques, lighting efficiency guidelines, circular materials policy, etc.
Follow thought leadership and innovation on relevant CSR topics in US market
- Attend conferences in the United States on behalf of Global CSR team
- Represent Global CSR team in US-based collaborative initiatives and external partnerships (ex. Business Renewables Center, BSR, RE100, etc.)
- Ideate, develop and/or support new CSR projects to pilot in the US Region, particularly related (but not limited) to Sustainable Retail
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, business or related area. With a minimum of 7 -10 years of experience executing superior sustainability project management initiatives.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders and effectively manage multiple priorities and business relationships.
- Strategic thinker able to identify and champion new ideas and approaches.
- Prior experience with facilities management, CSR/Sustainability reporting and LEED certification is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to drive recommendations to senior management.
- A detail-oriented work ethic while handling multiple ongoing projects/tasks is required
- Team oriented, collaborative, and flexible
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel
To Apply To This Position
Please visit the Chanel careers website.