Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The department is part of Morgan Stanley’s Global Sustainable Finance group (“GSF”), which coordinates the Firm’s pursuit of business opportunities involving the deployment of the Firm’s capital. The department seeks to execute transactions designed to deliver positive commercial, environmental, and social returns.
Work within Morgan Stanley’s Global Sustainable Finance (GSF) team to help shape robust, forward-thinking thought leadership-driven projects, strategic communications and events. This role will seek to enhance the Firm’s visibility and external engagement on sustainability and sustainable investing through differentiated positioning. Will work closely with senior team in GSF to accomplish strategic integration of thought leadership and landscape research into high profile events and initiatives.
- Bring creativity and vision to building an engagement strategy that helps Morgan Stanley contribute to and learn from global dialogue on solutions to global social and environmental challenges.
- Drive the development of and lead the day-to-day issues monitoring and research on key topics facing the Firm as an input to the development of differentiated thought leadership-driven sustainability initiatives and events
- Develop working relationships with partners across the firm to execute against a vision for thought leadership-driven communications and events that bring visibility to the Firm’s leadership on key issues in the marketplace – subjects will include the Firm’s engagement on issues such as sustainable finance, climate change, diversity, inclusive growth and more
- Execute and lead project management on the above activities
- Develop and track metrics and successes related to events to demonstrate impact against the Firm’s marketing goals
- Integrate relevant insights from key players across the Firm’s businesses
- The successful candidate must have at least 4-6 years of professional experience, with a focus on research, developing thought leadership and planning and delivering events
- Experience in the financial sector and/or Series 7 license holder preferred
- BA/BS degree in a related field
Required, demonstrated skills include:
- Research, analytic, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- Strong project management capabilities with proven execution results
- Experience in sustainability issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to operate collaboratively in a team culture
- Event planning and management skills
- Tenacity, passion and drive for results
- Effective multi-tasker who can prioritize work with support from senior team members
- Strong attention to detail