Morgan Stanley’s Reengineering & Expense Management (REM) Group works in close partnership with the businesses and support functions to identify and execute opportunities to manage expenses through strategic sourcing, demand management, process reengineering and procurement management.
Morgan Stanley is creating a new process related to risks, regarding our supply chain from a Social, Environmental and Ethical Business Practices standpoint.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Sustainable Sourcing Vice President to help build a global process around this initiative. The process will include analyzing target suppliers, conducting surveys, developing an assessment framework and metrics in a formalized manner to help mitigate risk to the Firm.
The qualified candidate will report to the Executive Director, in charge of overseeing Global Sustainable Sourcing, Global Supplier Diversity, Human Rights related to the UK Modern Slavery Act in addition to some Sourcing activities.
In this role, you should have an analytical mind and strong business insight. Problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential.
Core Responsibilities Entail:
- Supporting the development of a global Sustainable Sourcing Program with key suppliers, including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives;
- Assisting with collaborating with internal stakeholders to understand their goals around Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) practices;
- Analyze industry trends to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk and protect continuity of supply;
- Performing benchmark analysis against competitors;
- Work with external parties to conduct survey’s to our supply chain, analyze data and summarize information in a formal report;
- Support with developing training materials for Sourcing managers and others as needed;
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Support with managing the Global Supplier Diversity Program;
- Assist with handling the Human Rights initiative related to the UK Modern Slavery Act; and
- Help with Sourcing activities as needed.
- Proven experience with 5+ years of increasing responsibility as a Sustainable Sourcing manager, or similar role with project management experience;
- An understanding of Environmental Sustainability and Supplier Diversity;
- Familiarity with Sourcing;
- Experience in data management, analysis and reporting;
- Understanding or hands-on experience in developing new processes;
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills (written & verbal);
- Excellent MS Office skills, including advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking;
- Analytical mind with business intelligence;
- Problem-solving aptitude; and
- Good interpersonal skills – can interact well with people of all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.