Line of Business Specific Description:
Bank of America’s Global Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Group supports the company’s responsible growth strategy by working with lines of business and support groups to integrate ESG leadership into everything we do. The Global Environmental Group – part of the ESG Group – is responsible for developing and executing the bank’s environmental strategy.
The position of ESG Program Manager, Environmental Business Development, is responsible for working closely with the bank’s lines of business to develop attractive, scalable business opportunities to contribute to the bank’s $125 billion environmental business initiative.
The role is responsible for working closely with other Global Environmental Group teammates and the bank’s lines of business to identify and explore new business opportunities in low-carbon and other sustainability-related areas. This role will work with line of business groups to identify specific opportunities, scope them and create compelling business cases to pursue. The role will support the lines of business in their efforts to increase sustainable business – vetting incoming opportunities, providing sales support, participating in client meetings, and helping to address particular business obstacles. The individual will need to develop and/or maintain strong relationships with key contacts in the lines of business.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a line of business, preferably global banking and markets, either in a front line unit working with clients or in a product development/management role. The candidate will have a strong understanding of these business segments, their clients, and product offerings. An understanding of the complexities of environmental finance is a strong plus. Candidates must have a proven track record of success within complex, matrix-ed organizations.
In addition, appropriate candidates will be focused on ensuring outcomes – able to develop strategy but also willing and able to roll-up their sleeves to tactically execute plans and programs. The Global Environmental Group is a team of peers, each with specialized skills requiring all teammates to work collaboratively and use their matrix-management skills to work with other groups across the bank.
Some travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or finance strongly desired
- Extensive experience in financial services; a focus on environmental finance, sustainability, or a high-impact field like energy/power a strong plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, collaboration and influencing skills, demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to present effectively before senior management and to work effectively across multiple levels and types of employees
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and other business technologies an absolute must
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once