What you’ll be doing…
You will be part of the Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) team, responsible foroperational data analytics and reporting. You will support a growing team focused on Verizon’s global environmental and social impact data. You will be responsible for documenting processes and workflows, data mining and analytics, and engaging with auditors to facilitate the assurance of key metrics. Key responsibilities include:
- Analyzing, summarizing and consolidating a wide variety of data into cohesive reporting.
- Collecting, validating and calculating environmental and human capital data from multiple sites and systems for internal and external reporting.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the business to collect and aggregate key data.
- Developing and/or collecting supporting documentation for reporting requirements.
- Continuously improving the management of key data to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are followed and a strong internal controls environment is maintained.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and formulating recommendations for senior management.
- Assisting with our overall environmental, social and governance reporting program.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four years or more yearsof work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in data analytics.
- Knowledge of statistics, reporting and analytical tools.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with sustainable reporting frameworks like the Carbon Disclosure Project.
- Experience with greenhouse gas emissions accounting.
- Experience with internal controls or risk management.
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math, or Information Systems.
- A Professional certification (CPA and/or CISA).
- Experience with data mining tools and data visualization tools (e.g.Tableau).
- Experience with report writing.
- Proactive identification of risks and ability to propose solutions.
- Experience interpreting and implementing policies and processes to ensure a strong control environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and G-suite for analytics and presentation.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
New Jersey position, please apply here.
New York position, please apply here.