The primary purpose of this position is to use data analysis to support UNFI’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategy, Better for All. The ESG Analyst will perform analyses and report on the impact of UNFI’s ESG efforts – helping to bring the company’s impact into focus for a diverse group of stakeholders including UNFI associates, customers, suppliers, and shareholders.
- Help to orchestrate the presentation of data for the Company’s annual ESG report, fostering a culture of transparency.
- Provide regular reports on progress against annual goals and benchmarks.
- Prepare dashboards with actionable data and insights for ESG team/leadership to monitor progress against ESG objectives.
- Analyze performance across regions and locations: benchmark, prioritize and support the development of best practices to improve ESG outcomes and deliver value.
- Ensure data completeness and quality using reporting tools.
- Prepare greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory and other quantitative measures for external reporting.
- Able to work remote
- Bachelor’s degree in data/computer science, information systems, sustainability/environmental science, business, finance or another related field required.
- Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx and/or other data analytics software certification highly preferred.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in analytics and/or reporting.
- Experience with sustainability and ESG reporting frameworks preferred (CDP, GRI, SASB, TCFD).
- Robust data analysis and visualization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of quality, speed and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient communication and writing skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Some travel may be required.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please visit the UNFI careers website.