Lead the development and execution of TCP’s ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) strategy within the global supply chain in collaboration with the VP, Responsible Sourcing. Participate in developing key supply chain initiatives around wastewater treatment, chemical management and responsibly sourced cotton in support of TCP’s Responsible Sourcing vision. Ensure supply chain partners demonstrate compliance with applicable regional laws, regulatory requirements and TCP environmental policies.
- Work closely with internal TCP Sourcing/Operations teams and industry partners to develop and implement processes to deliver on the ESG supply chain strategy.
- Execute supplier environmental compliance and sustainability programs to mitigate supply chain risk.
- Position TCP to reduce its environmental impact by driving key activities such as supply chain mapping, policy development, vendor engagement, supply chain risk assessment and vendor performance management.
- Lead and develop targeted capacity building efforts on environmental priority areas with internal and external partners.
- Provide technical assistance and coaching to local teams and manufacturing partners.
- Support in the due diligence and procurement of ESG services through 3rd party partners and consulting firms.
- Manage industry collaboration efforts with strategic partners such as the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) and other leading associations.
- Lead development, documentation and deployment of standard operation procedures and management systems across TCP business activities.
- Own the development of program-related performance metrics, tools and systems to drive business improvements
- Assist in the hiring, training and development of TCP’s ESG team; integrate environmental risk mitigation activities into current Responsible Sourcing operations
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 8 years or above relevant experience in supply chain management, ESG management or sustainability.
- Relevant qualifications in environmental sustainability with experience in implementing projects within the supply chain.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental standards (HIGG, ZDHC, GOTS, BCI, etc.) and their application.
- 3 years of managerial/supervisory experience, including employee hiring.
- Experience working internationally across geographies.
- Fluent in English (Mandarin Preferred).
- College Degree (Advanced Degree Preferred).
- Effective problem solving skills and an acute attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working for a private company (familiarity with the apparel industry and garment manufacturing preferred).
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, reporting methodologies and analysis tools.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Strong business acumen.
- Agile, results-orientated and accountable.
- Possesses a personally engaging style encompassing strong communication and good listening skills.
- Cares strongly about environmental sustainability and is a positive force within the business.
- Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures).
- Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in the face of ambiguity and complexity.
- Embraces a diversity of ideas, approaches and points of view.
- Able to influence key members of the organization; a team player.
- Authentic, genuine and honest.
- Resolves conflict in a direct manner, maintaining an empathetic approach.
- Drives Business Results Through Communication & Collaboration
- Plans & Organizes
- Exhibits & Drives Accountability
- Builds Effective Teams